Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New cold brew coffee pot, and yes, I drink cherry lambic out of champagne glasses :)

IMG_2874.jpeg

IMG_2877.jpeg

Bernal curbside pick up this morning...good to see Josh and catch up if only on the sidewalk:
Konosuke 16" x 10" hinoki board with drying peg and a new tawashi.
P1050864.jpeg

Board is good quality and fragrant...anti-warp feature
P1050861.jpeg

Also picked up a couple of stainless Chef's Press. These are the best presses and made in Oakland!
P1050857.jpeg

Nice, been curious about the Hinoki board, anyone know how much they show food stains with such light color?

Anyone else been tempted by these new Dutch mixer showing on social media? They look clever and are fairly cheap so I got one. Took 14 days for it to arrive but the wood is thick and hard, show quality for its size. While I didn’t manhandle the thing thru a torture test it felt like it’ll last a long time. It should help making any bead dough, soft combined ingredients, meatloaf, all come together much quicker and cleaner.
I’d interested to know of anyone’s thoughts on it.
Shipped for like $17 delivered The metal seems substtantial. Wood itnerface doesn't give me fears that it'll pop loose or rust thru in a year or two. Honestly I think I might start grabbing this guy a lot.

View attachment 85043

View attachment 85042
Yes, I have one similar to that. I have used it for about 6 months with no problems. It does what it is designed to do, mix dough.

This little guy is a 3+ years old. I use it for lunch most days.
The stains fade and are replaced by new ones but it still smell like cedar...
View attachment 90435
Yes, my lunch is very dainty...

That looks amazing for 3-years, my End grain board doesn’t look that good afte 3 month.

do you cut a lot of meat?

Anyone else been tempted by these new Dutch mixer showing on social media? They look clever and are fairly cheap so I got one. Took 14 days for it to arrive but the wood is thick and hard, show quality for its size. While I didn’t manhandle the thing thru a torture test it felt like it’ll last a long time. It should help making any bead dough, soft combined ingredients, meatloaf, all come together much quicker and cleaner.
I’d interested to know of anyone’s thoughts on it.
Shipped for like $17 delivered The metal seems substtantial. Wood itnerface doesn't give me fears that it'll pop loose or rust thru in a year or two. Honestly I think I might start grabbing this guy a lot.

View attachment 85043

View attachment 85042
I have one, and it does what it is advertised to do.

In my defense it was $300 usd brand new, hard to pass up

A rare "oopsie" on the discount rack, or a combination of one of their coupons? That's a great deal!!

and yes, I drink cherry lambic out of champagne glasses :)
That's a very sensible way to drink lambic. In fact, I think it makes for an excellent and stylish aperitif, something different from the more common champagne or Kir Royale.

A rare "oopsie" on the discount rack, or a combination of one of their coupons? That's a great deal!!
I always like to mess around with POS/inventory systems, so heres what I've figured out. If you order online sometime shipped to you, you can return it to an actual store. However, if that store does not carry that particular item in store, the strore can trigger a "code 14" which can discount a said item up to 50% for quick sale to prevent dead stock. So go take a look at your local BBB and the stock they carry, each store is diffrent

Good hunting

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to return a pillow, and left the store with a 10pc All clad set 😳
View attachment 91645
Is that the compact set with updated handles? It’s the best. I have the same set. The handles are so much more comfortable than All-Clad’s traditional scooped design.💪

Is that the compact set with updated handles? It’s the best. I have the same set. The handles are so much more comfortable than All-Clad’s traditional scooped design.💪

Thats actually the reason behind that purchase. I absolutely hated the old handles. The overall quality was an improvement from previous entry all clad pans Ive used
However, the lids sucks, sucks really bad. Very conductive to the handle and no knuckle clearance, so nice to burn your knuckles everytime. Im starting to think people who design pans never actually use them.

Last edited:
Back