Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dodgy left (trigger) thumb at the moment, so used the ailment as an excuse for retail therapy. I need a lighter chopping board clearly - it’s murder grabbing those big end grains out the drawer - and something a bit more sticky on the surface would help with my defective grip. Utterly justifiable; virtually a medical necessity in fact

I still prefer the trusty old maple end grains, but this Hasegawa ain’t too shabby
1627229543885.jpeg

1627229583486.jpeg

I forgot to post my new cutting board. It is a Boos cherry board. It is lighter than my end grain I gave my daughter even though the end grain was a smaller board. I just really like the size as it gives me room to spread out. It also fits in my cutting board slide hide away by my range to keep out of site when not in use.

Oops I just realized I already posted it. This is duplicate post.

IMG_0408.jpg

Just bought an unglazed tagine down in south Brooklyn. Midway through the seasoning process. Soak overnight, dry out for a day (in humid NYC, in progress). Next, I’ll coat liberally with olive oil, put in a cold oven, bring it up to 300 for an hour then 375 for another hour. Let it cool in the oven. Then I’ll wipe the inside surfaces with more olive oil and a cut garlic clove, I should be good to go. I’ll post an after shot of it too
image.jpg

Yes, finally local store was able to get it. Because shipping directly and customs etc is too much hassle
Congratulations. I love mine, having two 10.5" and two 12". Bought another one each for my daughter and son-in-law.

For any current military or veterans (don't have to have retired, just served), Stargazer has sales on Memorial and Veteran's Days with 30% off. Don't be surprised if they're back-ordered for several months, but they've never failed to ship.

I just bought a 14-inch wok since you guys, this forum, recommend them. I had a friend make a handle for it. He added a turquoise accent to the handle. It is made out of walnut. It was an old scrap piece he had laying around.

IMG_0451.jpg

Back