Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Chips

Reaction score
Last month, someone here in San Francisco was moving out of state and wanted to cut loose some heavy things. I saw just the one smallest saucepan with handle for $20 on Craigslist. I couldn't pass it up, even though it had a crumbling, loose handle, which I replaced with a nice Cocobolo wood handle. The seller messaged me a few days later asking if I was interested in a few more Le Creuset pots/pans that he found in the garage and wanted to give me first dibs on. $80 more got me a basically unused enameled skillet and the slightly larger lidded sauce pot.

Looking at the eye-watering price of enameled Le Creuset these days, (about $700 for all of these) made me pretty happy with the score.

The first dish I made with these was the Chile en Nogada below.

_MG_9220.jpeg
_MG_9219.jpeg
_MG_9154.jpeg

coxhaus

Reaction score
Well, I came across a 14-inch LTD All Clad fry pan that I could not pass up. It is in nice shape. I think All Clad only Made an LTD version fry pan in 14-inch. I have not seen a copper core one. I want to see how LTD works on my Viking range. I have big burners. Anybody use one of these?
IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

ptolemy

Reaction score
Well, I came across a 14-inch LTD All Clad fry pan that I could not pass up. It is in nice shape. I think All Clad only Made an LTD version fry pan in 14-inch. I have not seen a copper core one. I want to see how LTD works on my Viking range. I have big burners. Anybody use one of these?
View attachment 204109

View attachment 204110

I believe TK model is also 14", but ya, great haul!

coxhaus

Reaction score
I have an All Clad 3 qt sauté pan and I use it a lot. I like it better than a sauce pan as it fits my burners better. So, I even cook things like dried beans in it. It does great for sauces and stuff like chili. You should like it.

Reaction score
Got this Williams-Sonoma Thermoclad brasier&steamer while on sale, more than $100 off their normal price, now it is back to normal. I really love their thermoclad stuff, they are on the thicker side of cladded stuff, on par or even surpass All Clad, and their double wall lid really works, I can grab their handle after hours of braising and it's just comfortably warm, oh and it actually keeps heat inside too. Their usual price is a bit high but with some deal they are great.
IMG_20221109_175957.jpg
IMG_20221109_180010.jpg

Scooter

Reaction score
Got this Williams-Sonoma Thermoclad brasier&steamer while on sale, more than $100 off their normal price, now it is back to normal. I really love their thermoclad stuff, they are on the thicker side of cladded stuff, on par or even surpass All Clad, and their double wall lid really works, I can grab their handle after hours of braising and it's just comfortably warm, oh and it actually keeps heat inside too. Their usual price is a bit high but with some deal they are great.
View attachment 207647 View attachment 207648
Have that too. Also a great steamer.

BillHanna

Crown Troll of Rusty Rectangles
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
2DC00C47-00F7-4157-93E2-9B1EF52C3FAE.jpeg

New upright freezer for the garage. That raggedy fridge is on the clock to go.

Gosh. Now that I have this new space to put food, I’ll probably need a suji and a line knife to break down bigger pieces of meat. And I can wait for supersalinated birds to go on sale, so I can buy six at a time.

coxhaus

Reaction score
I have one that size, and it has been great for many years. It seems like a good size without taking up too much space.

tostadas

Reaction score
View attachment 205664 View attachment 205665 View attachment 205666

Seconds sale. It took a while to find the dings. Bought to replace her nonstick.

“Can you send it back?”

N O P E

I’ve never been afraid to fight losing battles.
Great deals on the All-clad seconds sales. I couldnt find the defects on the several that I purchased previously under the seconds sale. Even if you were to buy one brand new without "dings", after a few uses, it's scuffed up anyways.

Reaction score
Great deals on the All-clad seconds sales. I couldnt find the defects on the several that I purchased previously under the seconds sale. Even if you were to buy one brand new without "dings", after a few uses, it's scuffed up anyways.
This. Most of my current cookware is All-clad seconds. Hard to beat the price/quality ratio and honestly don't mind the dings. Call it wabisabi :p

coxhaus

Reaction score
I ordered a copy off eBay. It looks like fun. French food in the winter in Texas ought to be good. Maybe a little heavy for summer.

I am not much for electronic as I am old school.

KDSDeluxe

Reaction score
These are Tritz knives ;) and yes you are seeing a huge rack on the right side ;)

But there are some free places in the moment. There will be arriving 2 Kamons and 1 Milan custom. Also, I've loaned out some knives for people to test out. And a few knives are gone for revision ;) When all the knives are back I'll have a full house again.

Last edited:

btbyrd

Reaction score
Pepin's two volume "The Art of Cooking" published by Knopf is his masterwork. Complete Techniques (2001) is an excellent volume as well, as it's basically a combination of his books La Technique and La Methode in a single volume.

HumbleHomeCook

Trip my rustic trigger.
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge fan of Pepin but don't have any of his books. Last two times I stopped at the local store they were out and I grabbed something else. I plan to rectify that this year. :)

Latest posts