Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
We left this off with a new Kenwood mixer. I was trying to post to the thread - on my phone - and inadvertently deleted the entire thread. Angie has assured me it cannot be recovered and has revoked my phone privileges.

So with my apologies I'll start it over.

kenwoodjpg.jpg

Pity about the entire thread disappearing :( No way to get back from a backup?

BTW, there is a Kenwood Cooking Chef now. For men without wives, I assume… :)

Are you serious? I was going through that thread buying each item one by one as I could afford it...

Bummer about the old thread, here is my contribution:
I recently got a custom figured walnut handle for my Hario TCA-5 Coffee Syphon to replace the plastic one
IMG_6518.jpg

IMG_6521.jpg

IMG_6779.jpg

I made a time lapse video as the real-time video is too long to watch, it’s on my Instagram and YouTube (not sure if I can get the syntax code to link video on the kkf app?)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0bJhqnFxU/?igshid=74sv0jho38k2

I saw this on your Instagram yesterday and my jaw hit the floor. I've done similar stuff customizing the woodwork on my espresso machines. Beautiful look!

In the old thread, I had a large number of posts during the first few months of this year where I was basically turning my home kitchen into pro-equipped. I had spent several grand on things I felt we were "missing" and my wife was basically like "blah". Today, as she is in the kitchen preparing for a large party she comes to me holding this folding stainless pizza shovel and had this huge smile on her face.

"This thing is excellent for transferring a cake from it's container to a serving platter", she exclaimed. "Tools are great!", she further exclaimed.

Bummer about the old thread, here is my contribution:
I recently got a custom figured walnut handle for my Hario TCA-5 Coffee Syphon to replace the plastic one
View attachment 53764
View attachment 53765
View attachment 53766

I made a time lapse video as the real-time video is too long to watch, it’s on my Instagram and YouTube (not sure if I can get the syntax code to link video on the kkf app?)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0bJhqnFxU/?igshid=74sv0jho38k2

Can you post photos of the knives in the background of the first photo?

I use my meat grinder mostly for pork mince. I don't like the quality of any supermarket mince, so I buy pork shoulder and mince it myself.

I use my meat grinder mostly for pork mince. I don't like the quality of any supermarket mince, so I buy pork shoulder and mince it myself.
Nice idea. Should be cheaper than the supermarket mince too unless you choose the really good stuff.
Anyway, I nicked your idea and defrosted a piece of pork shoulder I had in the freezer and ran it through the grinder this morning and now i have a batch of Frikadelle fars in the fridge.

Bought a recipe manager for my iPhone. Five bucks.

http://www.paprikaapp.com

It's kind of great. It automatically downloads recipes you choose and saves/categorizes and formats them without all the extraneous info. Sort of a dedicated bookmark manager for recipes.

Read the help and figured out how to use the share button in safari to automatically send a recipe to the app, that's pretty great and is, in and of itself, a testament to the joy of reading the damn manual.

Last edited:
Bought a recipe manager for my iPhone. Five bucks.

http://www.paprikaapp.com

It's kind of great. It automatically downloads recipes you choose and saves/categorizes and formats them without all the extraneous info. Sort of a dedicated bookmark manager for recipes.

Read the help and figured out how to use the share button in safari to automatically send a recipe to the app, that's pretty great and is, in and of itself, a testament to the joy of reading the damn manual.

That’s an expensive one!!

Latest posts

Back