Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting bored with making beer bread :)
IMG_3727.jpg

Anyone else been tempted by these new Dutch mixer showing on social media? They look clever and are fairly cheap so I got one. Took 14 days for it to arrive but the wood is thick and hard, show quality for its size. While I didn’t manhandle the thing thru a torture test it felt like it’ll last a long time. It should help making any bead dough, soft combined ingredients, meatloaf, all come together much quicker and cleaner.
I’d interested to know of anyone’s thoughts on it.
Shipped for like $17 delivered The metal seems substtantial. Wood itnerface doesn't give me fears that it'll pop loose or rust thru in a year or two. Honestly I think I might start grabbing this guy a lot.

B6A0C1CE-B922-4561-8D89-89D939F69589.jpeg

1C2744D8-EC3C-4149-9C8E-A4160DF073BC.jpeg

Attachments

• 1BDC6511-5FE0-4569-A708-3FF63E13D60F.jpeg
    1BDC6511-5FE0-4569-A708-3FF63E13D60F.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Anyone else been tempted by these new Dutch mixer showing on social media? They look clever and are fairly cheap so I got one. Took 14 days for it to arrive but the wood is thick and hard, show quality for its size. While I didn’t manhandle the thing thru a torture test it felt like it’ll last a long time. It should help making any bead dough, soft combined ingredients, meatloaf, all come together much quicker and cleaner.
Shipped for like $17 delivered The metal seems substtantial. Wood itnerface doesn't give me fears that it'll pop loose or rust thru in a year or two. Honestly I think I might start grabbing this guy a lot.

View attachment 85043

View attachment 85042

I've had one of these for years and really like it for doughs and batters. Haven't seen ads for them recently, but it makes sense that someone would try to push them in markets where they aren't well-known--they're pretty great!

It’s raining and I want to smoke some ribs! Luckily I have a good hardware store nearby and picked this up for only $199.99.

View attachment 85284
If you got the egg for $199 please let me know where( I need another large), if you got the cap for 199 you probably meant $1.99, Lowes have the 6" steel rain caps for 10 bucks, I've had mine for 15 or 16 years now, good investment.

If you got the egg for $199 please let me know where( I need another large), if you got the cap for 199 you probably meant $1.99, Lowes have the 6" steel rain caps for 10 bucks, I've had mine for 15 or 16 years now, good investment.

Yea, I’ll probably buy a real one at some point. The one pictured was free, except for the cardboard box I broke down and covered with tape, and the scrap metal band I found in my closet. I estimate the cost as

Parts: $.20
My Labor: $199.79

View attachment 85043

View attachment 85042
I've had these for at least 10 years. Got them from King Arthur flour. Good tool.

I've had these for at least 10 years. Got them from King Arthur flour. Good tool.

I think mine is from King Arthur too, had it a long time. Not sure it's exactly the same shape as the OP photo but it's the same idea.

I use it every time I do the initial mixing of flour and other ingredients for bread. Works great, I just have to remember to clean it before wet dough dries and crusts up inside the curved bits.

Decided a smaller more nimble mortar and pestle would be helpful for smaller jobs in the kitchen, here’s my “petty mortar” with a munetoshi 165 for scale. Also got that silicon mat to put them on.

Ps- pulled the knife out for the photo saw a bit of rust. I just hit the blade face with a 2k, it doesn’t look it’s best right now
image.jpg

Last edited:
Finally decided on a grill for the new deck. I had been lusting after kamado-style grills for a while, planned on getting a BGE. After a lot of research I decided on a PK 360 cast aluminum grill instead.

PK360-Grill-01.jpg

I do more grilling than smoking and I liked at least the potential of lifting it off the base and using it as a car-camping grill (not sure I'd ever do that, but it's a neat idea). So this seemed like the best option. A charcoal grill that will last a very long time, cast thick aluminum to hold heat and never rust. A very simple design with parts likely available for years if I ever need them. The appearance is a bit sci-fi "Jetsons" compared to more rustic grill/smokers but that helped sneak it past my wife as a deck accessory and cooking gadget.

Only fired it up once so far, for Kafta Halabia beef skewers and grilled veg with Middle Eastern sides. Worked great. Looking to do a first smoked port butt in a few days. I know she grills good, now to see how it does a long smoke cook.

Kafta-Halabia-01.jpg

Been cooking in much smaller batches than I'm used to, so I started upgrading my smaller pans.

Bought the 20 cm Fissler saucepan a few months ago, it functions as a slightly high sided saute for me. I decided to add a 24 cm pure saute pan to the mix. The capacity of the two pans is pretty close, the 24 holds maybe a pint more.

Great disk based pans, I like this brand a lot!

Also have a Gengetsu coming in this week (white2) in case the mods were thinking of cancelling my membership over not buying enough knives.

A
fissler.jpg
fissler2.jpg

The return of cast-iron in my kitchen after 20+ years of being outcasted by various toxic non-stick cookwares.

This one is vintage light weight, thinned & smoothed out interior, custom walnut handle with brass spacer, sanded to a baby-butt smooth bottom for glass-top stove use.

1ED7D62F-F872-4F18-AFB5-B4ED08F4B085.jpeg
60BB2C51-DB18-4A1A-B625-B3A9E1F0AFEE.jpeg

Back