Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious, how much of the pan is copper versus whatever the cooking surface is? I couldn't imagine silver or tin holding up to that sort of abrasion. They're beautiful pans, but i've never cooked on one.

Nice clean up on it!
Barely any abrasion of the metal happened, the original machining marks were still present. In terms of thickness the copper is 2.5 and the stainless steel lining is pretty thin, but much more resilient than tin.
So far so good with it, really nice to cook on

Picked up a new chopping board while I picked up my new knife.

Hitohira WB Aomori Hiba Cutting Board Medium + Hitohira Kikichiyo Kyuzo White #2 Migaki 180mm Santoku
_DSC4954-1.jpg

25th anniversary / wedding present to 'Us' ... very happy ... grinder is an Atom 75 w/ ECM Synch machine (French Roast courtesy of Mr. Rogers of Haburn Knives when I saw him & his lovely family recently ... thx Ian!) ...

View attachment 104753

Nice setup. I just ordered a flow control conversion kit for my Rocket. Pressure profiling, here I come.

I’m actually thinking of getting a 1zpresso manual. I have no room for one of those giant contraptions. I only make 1-2 cups at a time. It also jives with my preference for mortar and pestle over food processor

I'd recommend the Comandante C40, I have one and I like it (though my grinder of choice these days is a Forte BG which I find ideal for single doses, though I wouldnt have gotten it if I had not injured my wrist and was in need of an electric for a while)

Would love one of these bad boys though (monolith titan):
1607094813426.png

222322A6-6758-4837-BA27-C4AA99100FF4.jpeg

New stockpot from the restaurant supply store, its their spec of the Brown/Thermalloy. Not quite as nice as my Zwilling Commercial stockpot, but not one of those cheap flimsy tin can stockpots.

This is a 32qt (≈30L) and about 13.5” tall & 13.5” diameter. Stainless steel and induction compatible base (didn’t want a cheap aluminum one either). This will also be good for replacing my enamel canner as it is just a slightly larger diameter.

I actually agree with him.... wooden spoons are highly overrated IMO. They look pretty but I always found them awkward. I vastly prefer silicone spatulas for stirring. For deglazing scraping, just get a seperate dishwashing brush that you only use for this purpose.

Latest posts

Back