Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received a new Soy Turkiye 28cm pot, silver lined last night. From the eBay sale of 9 units.

making cassoulet tomorrow!
975B734F-5034-4E75-8D9D-57AC4377EDAF.jpeg

Do I also see breville smart oven?

Yep, I've had that bad boy for like 5 years or whenever they first came out. Runs like a champ. I'll be testing it's evenness for convection with some croissants in the next week or so. I haven't baked croissants in years.

Lars, today is Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras. Break out the prudhomme book, this is what it was put on earth for!

Red beans and ricely, yours,

Rick
Thanks for the heads up, Rick! I only read the intro and glanced over a couple recipes so far, but it seems like a great book.

Boothill Kitchen is a vendor of the very trendy and hard to score Coutelier Roux Spats. They sell out very fast…. Made of very colorful hardwood and ambidextrous, they make a useful addition to any pan sauce, reduction, roux, etc. I've had it for a few weeks and am quite happy with it, especially since it's designed for a righty or southpaw like me. I probably wouldn't pay their premium asking price if it wasn't lefty suited and also ambidextrous. I really like the sturdy build quality and the detail that the scraping angle is more in line with normal ergonomics when you're deglazing or scraping a pan to build a sauce.

Brand new (unseasoned) Bourgeat 9.5 pan for contrast, which will get seasoned this weekend.

What I like about them is their strength, length of handle and angle for scraping. The thick handle inspires a bit of confidence.

_MG_4242.jpeg

Last edited:
Boothill Kitchen is a vendor of the very trendy and hard to score Coutelier Roux Spats. They sell out very fast…. Made of very colorful hardwood and ambidextrous, they make a useful addition to any pan sauce, reduction, roux, etc. I've had it for a few weeks and am quite happy with it, especially since it's designed for a righty or southpaw like me. I probably wouldn't pay their premium asking price if it wasn't lefty suited and also ambidextrous. I really like the sturdy build quality and the detail that the scraping angle is more in line with normal ergonomics when you're deglazing or scraping a pan to build a sauce.

Brand new (unseasoned) Bourgeat 9.5 pan for contrast, which will get seasoned this weekend.

What I like about them is their strength, length of handle and angle for scraping. The thick handle inspires a bit of confidence.

View attachment 114896

Awesome spatula! I think the shape/design of wooden kitchen utensils is under appreciated. I know I spent years mindlessly trying to get that round wooden spoon tip into the corners of pans and to maybe, possibly, scrape something off the bottom... :rolleyes:

And a shiny new Matfer to boot! :)

A beauty....How about the cleaning of the outer surface?

I did a lime and salt for most of it. It looks great, but not like new (and I'm ok with that), but when I get fixated on making it really sparkle, I guess I could just use a dab of Flitz polish on a damp cloth.

Picked up this curious looking peeler. I wasn’t really in the market and it seemed overpriced but I couldn’t help myself. It hasn’t seen a lot of use yet but the large offset made peeling a few carrots surprisingly enjoyable this evening. I’m not sure the stainless blade will keep its edge but the carbon blade from the Swiss peeler looks like it might be a direct swap.
2C675B63-9DE9-4FF1-AE59-ECBB12CA8793.jpeg
6BA91EA0-70E1-4AAB-8167-1E2AAB46A324.jpeg
6984AB3A-8877-4C6D-BB78-B0788D30EA88.jpeg
93E73782-2264-49E6-88A0-1907325AF46A.jpeg

Last edited:
decided to buy this grill for the kitchen

81EZ1yPsAzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I wanted to make such a purchase for a long time, but I didn't have one to take, since I do not have a professional kitchen, and I did not want to spend a lot of money on a thing that I cannot fully and often use. but I am very happy! this is quite enough for preparing a delicious and healthy dinner!

Damn it, @Lars , are you sure you will read and pass through all these recipies (considering your previous post, too)? :upsidedownspin:
Gongrats, for these books, man...I am just envying you... haha
I doubt I will ever cook anywhere near all the recipes, but they still provide tons on inspiration and knowledge.
It did escalate a bit since I discovered World of Books recently..

..these arrived today 🤔
IMG_1893.jpg

I doubt I will ever cook anywhere near all the recipes, but they still provide tons on inspiration and knowledge.
It did escalate a bit since I discovered World of Books recently..

..these arrived today 🤔
View attachment 122846
Carluccio is... wow! Try his recipe for tiramisu. You will never have any other tiramisu ever again!!!

Last edited:
1011B6A6-90CA-4FB8-83A7-175C39BE5E08.jpeg

speaking of cookbooks, I picked up Phoenix Claws and Jade Trees based on a recommendation here and it's been fun to read through. Still haven't made anything yet (because I haven't cooked in a month lol), but the intro alone is worth buying for a novice like me who gets overwhelmed by the chinese sauce isle at the asian market.

new molcajete, in the curing process now, but can't wait to make some guacamole or fire roasted salsas in this baby!
I suppose there is some irony, that with all the wonderful knives here, instead of finely chopping ingredients for stuff I am now going to start just pounding the flavors out of them instead.

molcajete2.jpg

new molcajete, in the curing process now, but can't wait to make some guacamole or fire roasted salsas in this baby!
I suppose there is some irony, that with all the wonderful knives here, instead of finely chopping ingredients for stuff I am now going to start just pounding the flavors out of them instead.

View attachment 123317
What is involved in curing?

View attachment 123317
I have an equal number of mortar and pestle sets as gyutos. Five. Some times there’s nothing like smashing!

Back