Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wanted some weights from thechefspress.com, but shipping them across the pond made them a no-go, so I bought this instead.
View attachment 161246
My intention was to use it for skin-on fish, but it did a great job of ensuring some handsome grillmarks on this piece of flank steak.

It's less fancy but for weights, you can find old cast iron ironers for cheap. 😁

0zU60v2.jpg

Don't know if it counts for "gear" but I took my mother in law to a medical appointment today and it turned out to be a lengthy one. There was a Barnes and Noble down the road so popped in to kill some time.

Left with this guy:

gVqcRha.jpg
I have this cookbook also and really need to devote myself to a few more recipes. I typically read it when I'm watching F1 during the weekends LOL

I've been baking more and making more sausage in larger quantities, so I decided to upgrade my stand mixer. 45% more bowl volume makes the difference between stuff spilling over and stuff staying where it belongs.
IMG_4767.jpeg

Baptised it by making more rye beer bread. Here with home-made liverwurst and gherkins.
IMG_4768.jpeg

I've been baking more and making more sausage in larger quantities, so I decided to upgrade my stand mixer. 45% more bowl volume makes the difference between stuff spilling over and stuff staying where it belongs.
View attachment 174392
Baptised it by making more rye beer bread. Here with home-made liverwurst and gherkins.
View attachment 174393

sandwich looking yummy aside – that's the mixer i have. really happy to have it around. some of the available appliances are more than good enough. food processor more than ok. blender ok. meat grinder more than ok for my limited needs.
the one that gets used the most i probably the bullet mill/chopper/mixer thingy, that comes with three or four separate jars with lids. super handy:

kenwood-chef-multi-mill-at320

the one that gets used the most i probably the bullet mill/chopper/mixer thingy, that comes with three or four separate jars with lids. super handy
That looks a lot like a NutriBullet. We have one of those. It doesn't get used much but, when I want to do something it is suitable for, I'm glad it's kicking around. (Unlike most American households, you will typically not find a blender along the lines of a Vitamix in the average Australian kitchen.)

For a while I owned a 8x4 grill/burger press and it was fine, but i felt that it didnt offer enough weight for burgers to keep them flat... so I got a 10" circle one that's prob 2x the weight and it just works so much better..

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 8
Not sure if this count as gear, but my spice drawer had gotten rather overfilled. So I bought some cheap spice racks from Ikea and gave them a few coats of danish oil.
It's very nice to have easy access and overview. Eliminated a few doubles too..
IMG_3768.jpg

Back