Show your newest gear!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have cooked this once and it was delicious..!
I only make this recipe at home if I have a lot of leftover beef. My recipe includes tomato petals as well. I also usually use thinly sliced jalapenos instead of the thai chilis, but that is just because they are easier to find around here... :)

Rookies. I just did a rough measurement and the fiancee has 12 meters of cookbooks and 3 meters of cooking magazines. And that is after she donated a bunch before moving in.

I just mentioned this post to her and pointed out that there is a bunch more cookbooks and magazines in boxes. At an estimate there is probably 2 more meters of both cookbooks and magazines.

Fingers crossed Rick Bayless don't follow this thread - it kind of feels like cheating..
IMG_8438.JPG

Wok burner, konro, anything else interesting?
Waiting on my wolf range, which is MIA for 14 months since ordering.
Dry kitchen has a combi oven which I love more than I thought I would.

Waiting on my wolf range, which is MIA for 14 months since ordering.
Dry kitchen has a combi oven which I love more than I thought I would.
I’ve got a Wolf range with wok burner and a steamer. I use the steamer almost every meal, veggies, pasta, etc. Lowest temp it will go is 140, so it works for some sous vide also. Sorry to hear of your delay, but it will be worth it.

Renovated the house and put one of these in… having a heap of fun with stir fry these days

I love your style. I have that konro and an outdoor wok burner, but having one like that with water is the dream.

I love your style. I have that konro and an outdoor wok burner, but having one like that with water is the dream.
Thank you, the best part off the setup is the huge commercial class hood I put up above it.
It recirculates but scrubs out all the nastiness. Worth every penny. Personal belief to put in quality behind heavily used things in the house if I get the chance. Better than mucking about with repairs and upgrades down line.

The business end is in the ceiling, and needs a maintenance every 2 years.

image.jpg

Thank you, the best part off the setup is the huge commercial class hood I put up above it.
It recirculates but scrubs out all the nastiness. Worth every penny. Personal belief to put in quality behind heavily used things in the house if I get the chance. Better than mucking about with repairs and upgrades down line.

View attachment 185259
Hell yes. My reasonably expensive consumer range is on it's 3rd motor in 4 years. Not looking forwards to end of 5 year warranty....

View attachment 185259

Nice. I don't think you can do recirculating in Texas. The AC would not be able to keep up. You would need a really big vent.

My apologies for this not being actual gear but...

A couple weeks back, the wife and I watched this video on handcrafted Japanese soy sauce:
https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/youtube-awesome.6302/post-924441
Tonight she surprised me with this gift set:
l6VgcQrl.jpg

BnSqVqWl.jpg

Now, I don't do much Japanese food, but I do cook various Asian food so I'm still pretty stoked! The labels are indeed just Japanese but the wife read off the list from her order form. A couple are geared toward "western meat eaters", one is aimed at fish, one noodles, and I think one general.

Since I have like 50 odd years of Kikkoman, this should be an adventure! :)

A couple weeks back, the wife and I watched this video on handcrafted Japanese soy sauce:
l6VgcQrl.jpg

BnSqVqWl.jpg

Now, I don't do much Japanese food, but I do cook various Asian food so I'm still pretty stoked! The labels are indeed just Japanese but the wife read off the list from her order form. A couple are geared toward "western meat eaters", one is aimed at fish, one noodles, and I think one general.

Quality soy sauces are always delightful.

l6VgcQrl.jpg

BnSqVqWl.jpg

I was quite surprised by the difference the first time I had quality soy sauce.

On the right is the original dough hook that came with my Kenwood Major stand mixer. It does not do a good job of kneading dough. On the left is a spiral dough hook I received today. I'm not totally sure if it's an original part, but it works great. Much better and more gentle kneading than the original. Underneath is my new proofing box for fermenting pizza dough.
IMG_9234.JPG

Nice! I suspect this would work for Takoyaki as well, if you don't mind large Takoyaki.

Nice! I suspect this would work for Takoyaki as well, if you don't mind large Takoyaki.
Takoyaki is more round to make it more round like a globe shape.

This One is Way flatten, looks like Mini crumpet but better.

Poffertjespan. So funny. Never would have thought it would venture outside our borders!
Good eating! Butter and powdered suger.
We Indonesian share some food culture with the Dutch, this One is more famous for some Special occassion. And this goes both Way, I see a lot of Indonesian seasoning that was Made in Dutch That’s Written with the Old Spelling.

Not exactly gear but proud of this. Built a new kitchen and got to spec in a proper 36” drawer for the girls. Mostly everything in there, which is awesome because I get to use it all regularly. Insert is a double revashelf trimmed and seamed with mineral oil soaked cloth liners.

Attachments

• D8ADBC21-C57D-4B7C-9645-07FB72DB368E.jpeg
    D8ADBC21-C57D-4B7C-9645-07FB72DB368E.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • C245CB15-E3F7-44A0-B947-4F80805DD384.jpeg
    C245CB15-E3F7-44A0-B947-4F80805DD384.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
New 14” wok forged by Cole Aurichio Ironworks.

Attachments

• 865EF011-8BDE-4529-9BB7-EAAAB8C269FD.jpeg
    865EF011-8BDE-4529-9BB7-EAAAB8C269FD.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • AD8BFBAA-95F4-499E-82DA-7ECBC19B1F4B.jpeg
    AD8BFBAA-95F4-499E-82DA-7ECBC19B1F4B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 5316E55E-BA53-4FFF-8C7A-48AE18D2E3B8.jpeg
    5316E55E-BA53-4FFF-8C7A-48AE18D2E3B8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back