Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Shindo should honestly just ship his knives without handles on
He does. Tokushu knives carries the handless versions. Here is my newest addition, and really my first entry in the world of thin grinds. Featuring a handle from Tokushu.
Salsa tasted pretty good with a side of the Shindo-koolaid.

Attachments

• 20240609_125836.jpg
    20240609_125836.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I ordered my Shindo gyuto from Tokushu with the rosewood handle. FANTASTIC knife that most any knife enthusiast should try. I’m sure compared to high priced knives, it’s not visually as impressive, but as a knife for cutting, I’ve, so far, found nothing better.
Amen brother, welcome to the cult

I think the only thing that I've had more excited anticipation for the arrival of was my little girl who just turned 5. No offense to Benjamin, but nothing will ever top that or come close. In the cooking and cutlery world though, this is without a doubt number 1:

1000001053.jpg
1000001054.jpg
1000001055.jpg

265 x 63mm gyuto in Apex Ultra
315 x 50mm suji in 1.2519
250 x 76mm gigantoku in Apex Ultra

All with torched and textured Arizona desert ironwood handles with blackened titanium end caps and dark etched finish.

Beyond stoked! Thank you @KAMON Knives for absolutely crushing it on these knives, they couldn't have come out more perfect.

Last edited:
I think the only thing that I've had more excited anticipation for the arrival of was my little girl who just turned 5. No offense to Benjamin, but nothing will ever top that or come close. In the cooking and cutlery world, this is without a doubt number 1 though:

View attachment 329939View attachment 329940View attachment 329941

All with torched and textured Arizona desert ironwood handles with blackened titanium end caps and dark etched finish.
OMG most people are having a tough time finding one, and bam this guy just casually showing off 3 new ones. Hate bastards like you and @PeterL

I think the only thing that I've had more excited anticipation for the arrival of was my little girl who just turned 5. No offense to Benjamin, but nothing will ever top that or come close. In the cooking and cutlery world though, this is without a doubt number 1:

View attachment 329939View attachment 329940View attachment 329941

Beyond stoked! Thank you @KAMON Knives for absolutely crushing it on these knives, they couldn't have come out more perfect.
I love the blasted ironwood finish on Kamon's knives. Looks so cool, and I don't know anyone else that does that finish.

I hadn't bought a knife in around ten months. Knew I wanted a honesuki so I looked at the usual suspects, not getting a pull. Then I tried BST, and now I hold @Kiru 's beer.

First wrought iron, first Apex Ultra, first integral build, first honesuki, first time BST. It was made by Vasco Veríssimo and hardened to 67HRC (His video shows the knife pre-etch). This has a presence in hand like nothing else, weighing 154g with an intense forward balance. The wood and handle fit are superb. The etch and cladding lines are mesmerizing. I really, really like this thing. Even harder now to believe what I paid for it. Now to source some bird.

Would it be de trop to ask for a pic of what was inside?

Zwilling tempted me with this YouTube Short. It sort of worked but not the way they wanted . The YouTube was about an "in between" knife, in between a Chef's and a Paring knife. The blade design they demonstrated was close to the Japanese Kiritsuke (Bunka) Petty. With this in mind I looked over at Japanese Chef Knife and purchased what turned out to be the last JCK Natures Blue Clouds, Blue Steel No.2 Nashiji Kiritsuke Petty 140mm. Heat treated to HRc. 61 to 62, the Stainless steel clad double bevel edged blade has a 50/50 symmetrical grind.

View attachment 329156

View attachment 329157

Reminds me a bit of @MSicardCutlery 's very nice petty/sujipettys. Still my daily for the upper-end place I work dinners at for slicing proteins or cutting citrus garnishes, etc. Although mine is a bit longer at something like 220mm.

I got myself a little bithday present.

IMG_7818(1)s.jpg
IMG_7822(1)s.jpg
IMG_7820(1)s.jpg

Kagekiyo Blue steel 2 Gyuto 240mm

But a question for the experts: I ordered the matching (or so I thought) saya. But it has a rather loose fit? The other sayas I have are fitting snugly on their respective blades. Is this normal for this knife?

Attachments

• IMG_7823.mov
    35.3 MB
Last edited:
I love the blasted ironwood finish on Kamon's knives. Looks so cool, and I don't know anyone else that does that finish.
Thx!

I'm not the only and certainly not the first one to do it. William Brigham / The Artificery definitely did that with desert iron wood and amboyna way before me.
Where it really comes from (I think. Can't speak for Will), is pipe making. They are using those kind of texturized wood finishes on briar and other woods for a long time.

If there ever were a ranking for underrated makers I think Fellipi deserves a spot at the top of that list. Amazing to work with, communicative, and even though things didn’t go to plan with our initial concept, he ran with it and made these gorgeous wrought Damascus clad knives (a semi integral and petty from the same billet). I don’t think you ever really see semi integrals with such insanely thin geometry, nor petties with this kind of DT (5.5-0.6mm). Can’t wait to put them to use. Insane value considering if they didn’t come with leather cases and Sayas as well

IMG_3168.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

IMG_3171.jpeg

IMG_3172.jpeg

IMG_3174.jpeg
IMG_3175.jpeg

If there ever were a ranking for underrated makers I think Fellipi deserves a spot at the top of that list. Amazing to work with, communicative, and even though things didn’t go to plan with our initial concept, he ran with it and made these gorgeous wrought Damascus clad knives (a semi integral and petty from the same billet). I don’t think you ever really see semi integrals with such insanely thin geometry, nor petties with this kind of DT (5.5-0.6mm). Can’t wait to put them to use. Insane value considering if they didn’t come with leather cases and Sayas as well

View attachment 330168
View attachment 330169
View attachment 330170
View attachment 330171
View attachment 330172View attachment 330173
Wow. I've never heard of this person but that work is super clean.

View attachment 330168
View attachment 330169
View attachment 330170
View attachment 330171
View attachment 330172View attachment 330173
I'm a sucker for a good damascus pattern and that one is absolutely gorgeous

Latest posts

Back