Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

robenco15

Reaction score
Got this yesterday. It is incredible. Gorgeous and going to be an amazing performer.

210mm White #2 Gesshin Kagekiyo

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
Hobbyist Craftsman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bit different one this time :)

IMG_0312.jpg

Krassi

Reaction score
First ones hit german customers on Christmas. But should come soon. Claudia send them all on Monday last week.

jdjones

Reaction score
My new HD2. :) Wonderful Christmas gift! I used it this morning to prep some carrots, celery and potatoes and I am quite happy with it. The studio Khii handle is great too!

Very nice. I’ve been debating between the HD2 and a Takamura HANA.

gaijin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And my X-mas gift to myself, 210 mm kasumi gyuto från Watanabe:

watanabe-2.jpg

jdjones

Reaction score
I have a HD2 suji and a 210 Hana gyuto, personally I'd take the Hana any day of the week.
Reasons? I’ve never handled either; the closest cutlery shop to me that carries even one of these is 4 hours away, so I have to rely on this forum and other online reviews.

kevpenbanc

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reasons? I’ve never handled either; the closest cutlery shop to me that carries even one of these is 4 hours away, so I have to rely on this forum and other online reviews.
Better cutter, better edge retention.
I tend to regard the Hana as probably the best all round knife I have.
The Tanaka R2 that I have is a slightly better cutter, but the Hana is an awesome knife.

aboynamedsuita

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1515119321.534181.jpg
Michael Rader 270mm 52100 integral Sujihiki
Takeda AS Mioroshi and Honesuki

Got these in a trade for my watanabe kintaro-ame sakimaru takobiki… may be catch & release since the plan was originally to sell but I love the feel of the Rader handle

Godslayer

Reaction score
View attachment 38167
Michael Rader 270mm 52100 integral Sujihiki
Takeda AS Mioroshi and Honesuki

Got these in a trade for my watanabe kintaro-ame sakimaru takobiki… may be catch & release since the plan was originally to sell but I love the feel of the Rader handle
looks like someone did good on that trade, two takedas and a Rader <3

malexthekid

Reaction score
Geez only 4 hours.... most of us dream of having shops that close where we could try those knives out. &#128512;&#128512;

jdjones

Reaction score
Geez only 4 hours.... most of us dream of having shops that close where we could try those knives out. &#128512;&#128512;
I work pretty much seven days a week, so if I drive that distance, it won’t be to try the knife out - it’ll be to purchase one.

K813zra

Reaction score
Right? I'd love to vist JKI someday but that will be a price trip, lol. I mean, I guess I am still better off than some others as Korin is about 9 hours from here. But me driving to NYC isn't going to happen. My idea of a traffic jam is a hoard of Amish buggies commuting to church. I would have a heart attack!

Grunt173

Reaction score
Right? I'd love to vist JKI someday but that will be a price trip, lol. I mean, I guess I am still better off than some others as Korin is about 9 hours from here. But me driving to NYC isn't going to happen. My idea of a traffic jam is a hoard of Amish buggies commuting to church. I would have a heart attack!
Just a little bit off topic,lol,but,I used to drive semi trucks over the road and often times ended up in New York City with a big old 45 foot long trailer backing into a loading dock through 4 lanes of traffic.Oh Lord,never again.I won't even take a car there.I am used to our Amish buggies too and that's all the traffic I care for.Thanks a lot for the flash back but it doesn't help my PTSD any.