Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shigehiro 270. 254x49mm, 264g. It’s beefy!

DF2BF0C1-7D26-44D9-9419-3908BC52D2D5.jpeg

52C165A8-7AB6-445A-ABE5-D617ABF90547.jpeg

5BFC64FC-385B-4969-A225-44132D2844D9.jpeg

That shigehiro looks like mini-kato. Anyway Froztitanz, have you tried your honyaki yet?
It's Chinese New Year here in Singapore and everybody is busy visiting relatives. Myself included. Probably sometime this week. I'm also taking the time to admire the beautiful hamon and mirror polish first. Hahaha

Gorgeous picture. The convex looks good. Does it have good food release?

It’s very very convex. The brushed finish kind of hides what’s going but there’s almost a bulge at the shinogi. It’s least obvious at the heel and harder to see from the choil shot. It almost feels like an S-grind when I run my fingers over it but it’s not.

I’ve only used it to cut up a carrot so far, and that’s not much of an indication. I’ll put it to use more this week. Expectations are high though :)

Yes I did. I think the ebony used is very high grade ebony. It's incredibly dense, with great chatoyance and character.

Unfortunately, there are a few spots where the handle thickness is more than the ferrule thickness, but fortunately I think can be sanded down quite easily.

Masakage Koishi 150mm petty to be the new counterpart to my Yoshikane Migaki 210mm gyuto.

The former is stainless clad AS while the latter is clad W#2. The Yoshikane has been an all around amazing kitchen knife, and I wasn't even feeling super pressed to get another one, but with the sale on I figured I'd go for something that would be better suited to some smaller/more delicate tasks around the kitchen, or for when I was only doing a few minutes of prep and didn't feel the need for the gyuto.

Haven't had the chance to use it yet but I'll report back when I do.
20190205_195726_HDR~3.jpg

Back