Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having used my Catcheside from the previous page a fair bit now - wow, what a knife. It just feels so SOLID, so beautifully crafted. Like it was forged to strike fear into the hearts of carrots for 1000 years. Came suuuuper sharp from will, took it to the one JNAT I have (Namazu from Bagertooth) and the edge is now screaming and nicely toothy. Just flies through everything.

Is definitely my 'main' knife now. Makes a good trio with the little Lew Griffin for small stuff and the Prendergast as a slicer.

Added a 215 Mazaki to the quiver. Replaces a 210 takamura r2 that started just staying at home. Now I see what all the Mazaki fuss is about.
20190314_195659.jpg

Added a 215 Mazaki to the quiver. Replaces a 210 takamura r2 that started just staying at home. Now I see what all the Mazaki fuss is about. View attachment 50218
You'll love that knife. Of all my gyuto, my JNS mazaki 240 (pointy-tip version) is the one I grab the most, over much more expensive blades.

The hype is worth it, in my opinion, especially considering the price.

Shinko Kurokumo R2 Damascus 210mm Gyuto

Attachments

• IMG_6271.jpg
    IMG_6271.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 191
Watanabe Nakiri. Can't wait to give it a good workout tomorrow. I'll probably re-handle soon.

Attachments

• 20190316_115004.jpg
    20190316_115004.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 114
"The Caged Bird" by Yoshikazu Ikeda

Mirror Polished Tamahagane Honyaki Gyuto, custom specs 245/53

hSqNxcX.jpg
HZ1H2zx.jpg
08SDi9q.jpg

Ordered in July 2016 and it's finally on its way home.

Unfortunately I couldn't source the handle I wanted, so someone will be getting this to rehandle at some point.

Back