Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Robert Allen

Reaction score
Ordered the knife from Almazon knives. I really like the knife. Not sure of how it's long term sharpness, durability is, I'll be sure to put it through its paces. Sliced cleanly through a apple and tomato.

Attachments

Ryndunk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered the knife from Almazon knives. I really like the knife. Not sure of how it's long term sharpness, durability is, I'll be sure to put it through its paces. Sliced cleanly through a apple and tomato.
What are the dimensions on this guy?

CiderBear

Reaction score
My Watanabe wanted a cousin, so it... cut me. Every morning I wake up at 6 AM and swim for an hour, but the day after I got cut I wanted to take a break just in case. Anyway, I was on my phone around 7:30 AM when I saw Maxim's Instagram post. I convinced myself that it had to be a sign from the universe, because any other day I would've missed it.

osakajoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Odd that Maxim is leaving Mazaki and entering into the Jikko era.
Has he posted or mentioned any reason why? Sometimes smaller manufacturers provide more to wholesalers like Jikko for steady stable business. This then means you need to go through them.

Maybe they just give him a better deal at the cost of not a producer but a recognized brand.

labor of love

Reaction score
Has he posted or mentioned any reason why? Sometimes smaller manufacturers provide more to wholesalers like Jikko for steady stable business. This then means you need to go through them.

Maybe they just give him a better deal at the cost of not a producer but a recognized brand.
He’s addressed why he doesn’t carry Mazaki anymore.
I dunno why he’s carrying Jikko stuff. Like most vendors he probably just enjoys what they’re making for him.

Brian Weekley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
C22C4068-23D7-415B-8855-D3FCE411846D.jpeg
05634118-5B8F-4E78-8282-4B88626D6AB9.jpeg

My favourite west coast boutique Japanese knife store, AI&OM is running a sale on Hideo Kitaoka knives. As Kitaoka’s knives have some of my favourite features, single edge and reactive carbon steel, I couldn’t resist. I picked up two Yanigaba’s. A 300mm Damascus and a 210mm kariouchi. The 210mm is for small fish. Both have cherry wood handles and Kitaoka’s excellent workmanship. ... that’s three knives this week. My motto is “if it’s worth doing it’s worth doing to excess”.