Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
240mm. Otb edge is impressive too. In all actuality, my wife is super supportive as **** with my knives as I am with her hobbies. We’re a good team like that.. I will be posting a custom Marko in the next couple of days however to fund the denka

Good choice. That Denka is a keeper, just like the wife. Marko who?

Really goes to show buying from EE and spending a little extra = no disappointments, at least until the other half finds out......btw if you didn't get the 10% no harm in asking for a kickback after the fact. Not like you signed up as a KKF member after making the purchase. Tell them your Enablers @KKF sent you. TFTFTF (Totally Fine)

Last edited:

Really goes to show buying from EE and spending a little extra = no disappointments, at least until the other half finds out......btw if you didn't get the 10% no harm in asking for a kickback after the fact. Not like you signed up as a KKF member after making the purchase. Tell them your Enablers @KKF sent you. TFTFTF (Totally Fine)
Yeah, when I stopped by EE a year or a year and a half back the TFs they had were very good the ones I checked out at least. More expensive for sure, but might be worth it for the peace of mind.

Ha! I’ve actually been a customer for a long time and have an industry discount. I’m not sure if that one works for people outside of the Seattle area.

Really nice. I'm starting to join the TF party, late. Is that a custom handle? Did not realize that was an option for Denka's

It’s ebony. You can pick between that and western from EE. I’m not usually a huge fan of ebony, but this one has a really nice taper that feels good in hand

It’s ebony. You can pick between that and western from EE. I’m not usually a huge fan of ebony, but this one has a really nice taper that feels good in hand
I'm with you there. I wan't impressed with the Konosuke FM Ebony handle which didn't have a nice tactile quality. Little to no taper and an odd shape that I never gelled with.
I'm sure these EE TF Denka's and maybe the Mabs are given handles in house.

Few of the recent ones on the board(behind the board propably my favorite one so far and the smaller one, the blade that my wife uses :))

I am starting to lean a lot towards +55mm with the height, now the aprox 60mm feels the optimal..I propably need to put some blades on the BST :D...

Attachments

• IMG_20191008_153141.jpg
    IMG_20191008_153141.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 175
Thanks. And by the way the Takamura is real good value for the money, good edge retention (at least in home use), quite handy for quick stuff when you can "forget" the knife in the kitchen and clean up later.

I’ve tried something similar from Takamura and I was impressed. [emoji1303]

My first Dalman knife(2 actually :D).
Now I just need to lurk at the bst and instagram to get lucky and have a bigger one for me;)

I was going to say they look like the perfect size. But, on closer inspection I realized the handle/blade ratio is unusual for a Gyuto. Where’s the balance point? [emoji39]

Heh, the balance point is perfectly in the middle :). It is perfect tool for opening new boxes and packages with some speed and determination :D.

I got this at Tsubaya in Tokyo the other day. White Steel #2. Not quite sure what to call this. A Bunka or a Kiritsuge Gyuto.

I'm nut sure who the maker is, but the salesman said "Takada". Could it be Takada No Hamano?

Anyways, I really like it. It's small and really nimble. Probably a new favorite for veggies.

kWf9TwI.jpg

I got this at Tsubaya in Tokyo the other day. White Steel #2. Not quite sure what to call this. A Bunka or a Kiritsuge Gyuto.

I'm nut sure who the maker is, but the salesman said "Takada". Could it be Takada No Hamano?

Anyways, I really like it. It's small and really nimble. Probably a new favorite for veggies.

kWf9TwI.jpg

Would you call this a (double bevel?) mukimono? Or just a k-tip petty?

kWf9TwI.jpg
I cannot read the kanji, but could it be a Tsubaya Tanaka? Kanji looks similar... Nice Knife, though! I inherited some knives my dad got at Tsubaya in Tokyo years ago. No idea the balcksmith.

Back