Love that Raquin. If you ever want to part ways with it LMK!Well, today was just a really good day. Four new arrivals:
1. Watanabe custom - Blue 2, soft iron cladding, 250x60mm; no handle specified, going to get it thinner then put a nice handle on it. Includes the worlds longest tang free of charge.
2. Kemadi cleaver (thanks @bruce8088) with Bulat, ironwood handle, and saya; I understand it to be the first cleaver made my Kemadi, cool.
3. Raquin 215mm with a really small handle of old micarta (thanks @bryan03!); it's his KT grind, and the knife weighs in at a whopping 240 grams, neutral balance point due to heavier than normal handle. Gorgeous.
4. For the tactical crowd, a Microtech Troodon Carbon. XHP steel, double edge. Sweet EDC.
Time to get cutting.
View attachment 81218
Tried TF still have it good knife. Raider haven't tried, they sure are beautiful, especially the 5 steel and handles look super comfortable.Life is not just about carrots. And one would be hard pressed to convince me a tf cuts better overall. Not knocking the tf, it's just not a Rader.
I've used a rader before (brand new), it was pretty unspectacular cutter.. amazing fit&finish though. Profile solid as well.Life is not just about carrots. And one would be hard pressed to convince me a tf cuts better overall. Not knocking the tf, it's just not a Rader.
51. Thanks for the heads up. The 225 turned out to be closer to the hito specs, which would’ve been fine given the absolute perfection that this 240 turned out to be. But this is just a pure specimen of generational knowledge and sacrifice. Truly stunning. Really the only knife I have that rivals it is the ashi.Height?