Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heiji Santoku
7485EF28-0429-4B2B-8978-DC684E11AB89.jpeg

Last edited:
Whats the edge length and height? Can we get a shot of the spine. These latest 240WH have really been on a diet and I'm liking the profile a lot too, especially towards the tip.
It’s 53-54mm and 247mm. Not all the newest ones are like this apparently, just talked to a guy that said his new one from the same batch is 270 grams

Just some first impressions. It is a looker and Jiro knows how to sell the package. Came in a nice textured black box. The handle is ebony so it has a nice texture and it looks good in combination with the orange spacers. The Ku is not actually ku. It is hand hammered but I believe it is forced on with perma blue liquid ( used to blue guns). The finish of the blade is done by hand on stones and there is a nice graysh kasumi with a mirror finish on the hagane. You can see that someone really worked hard on this knife.
It is handle heavy due to thick metal in the handle, and the balance point is right where the scales of the handle begin. The handle is not thin as I thought, and sits comfortably in a medium size hand. 291g for a 218mm long and 58mm high, takes some use to, but once you start cutting you come to enjoy it. It comes naturally to push cut since it has a generous flat spot and it shreaded a potato to translucent chips. On the apples it dragged a bit due to the taller and almost flat blade road. It came with a very sharp edge and I can't wait to test the edge retention on this.

I got a 240 mm wa Jiro 3 weeks ago and love it - striking knife, you can feel the labor that went into it, very sharp ootb and has this authentic, ancient look and feel. It projects presence and all else pale in comparison - now I want the 270mm too

Back