Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JCK homebrand Fu Rin Ka Zan Masamoto clone, 270mm B#2. After initial finish on rikka 5k and kitayama 8k (came 70% sharp) proved to be an awesome cutter. I'm still adjusting to it being a single bevel, but luckily some progress is being made) I am a BBQ catering person so it will work a lot. Cool way to spend 440 usd:).

Awesome knife. I picked up a FuRinKaZan Sakimaru a couple months ago and it's a very well made knife.

Forgot to post but a lot of fun things over the last couple of months. First, a pair from the Juneteenth sale at Bernal.

Konosuke Fujiyama FM 210 in White 2. Very interesting new spine easing approach (to me). Pretty blade. It actually feels almost chunky as far as Fujiyamas go.

Konosuke Madei Sumiiro 210 in SLD. The KU/Nashiji feels fantastic and very "tight", somehow. The weight/length ratio makes it feel like a sturdy laser instead of a fragile one and the SLD feels fantastic in cutting and sharpening. A strong contender for a daily 210.

Next is a blade for people (according to buyer description) who are tired of anemic Takefu blades!

Hinoura Ajikataya 210 in White 2. This is my first non-anemic 210 and I like it. It feels more rustic and ready to work and that white 2 sharpens up to an absolute screaming edge. The kasumi on it is pretty even out of the box and the entire feel of the blade made me grab it over and over again. Decent patina development as well. For the price, I'm extremely happy.

I had a Good Thing happen a while ago and I was going to celebrate by getting a very special knife. Didn't know what that knife would be until I saw this and then couldn't stop thinking about it.

Tansu Knives 240 in SG2 with Amboyna Burl and Mokume Bolster. This is going to be the daily 240. Such a treat to look at it and use it every single time. Just look at it! My first knife in SG2 and the damn thing is surprisingly abrasion resistant so it's no Shirogami in sharpening feel but getting to use this every day with low maintenance is a real treat. Loved it as soon as I grabbed it and smile every time it's in my hands. I find myself reaching for it to chop garlic just so I can feel it in my hands more.

This new one came in :D

zrRoyWMl.jpg
JijQW2rl.jpg
ODbj0odl.jpg
Ok bro come clean. Is this Inzite or is this Bruce

Last edited:
Awesome knife! What kind of wood is that?

https://www.xerxes-knives-shop.com/77-24er-laser-mit-einer-schneide-12562.html
Quoting from the maker's website:

The handle is made of Bryere. This is the root bulb of the French briar. After harvesting, the wood is boiled for 24 hours and then dried and stored. The wood is particularly well known because it is used to make the heads of high-quality tobacco pipes. The wood feels pleasantly warm and velvety, although it is extremely hard. This piece has been in my workshop since 2009 and I have always been waiting for the "right" moment to process it.

-------------------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erica_arborea

Next is a blade for people (according to buyer description) who are tired of anemic Takefu blades!

Hinoura Ajikataya 210 in White 2. This is my first non-anemic 210 and I like it. It feels more rustic and ready to work and that white 2 sharpens up to an absolute screaming edge. The kasumi on it is pretty even out of the box and the entire feel of the blade made me grab it over and over again. Decent patina development as well. For the price, I'm extremely happy.

Great knife, & excellent description 🤣. Glad you are enjoying it. I see quite a few fellow KKFers graduating from the Anemic village, & find more mature love within Sanjo middle weights.

It’s easy to make a laser cut, but much harder to make middle weights perform like a laser, yet, non of the fragile feeling, just loads of confidence.

When you hold a knife that’s done right like the Hinora, the Toyama, & Shihan in such category, it’s so much more fulfilling.

Back