Quantcast

Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Michael Wilson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been dying to post pics of my new custom Chefs knife by @Will Newham. Working with Will was a great experience all around.

Here are the details and the some of the photos he sent. Can't wait for it to arrive!
From Will:
I have kept the hardness at 63-64hrc with Ln2 cycle, blade is 230x50mm with a strong distal taper from 3.65mm to tip. I have kept some thickness to the spine to ensure strength and stability for slicing. The blade is fine edged and tapers to a thin and pointy tip as requested. The materials are copper bolster, pins with g10 spacer and black juma tapered saya pin with ringed gidgee saya and stabilised amboyna burl handle.​

Video:
Doesn't seem to be embedded, so link here: Custom Newham Chefs Knife
And the pics:

Attachments

Last edited:

Bobo530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If u can let us know your first impressions. Was Thinkin of getting one of the Tojiro on CKTG to add to a past order. Waited to long and they sold out.

BazookaJoe

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If u can let us know your first impressions. Was Thinkin of getting one of the Tojiro on CKTG to add to a past order. Waited to long and they sold out.
Just got a Tojiro since I started making my own bread... it does the trick really well. Amazon has them.

IMG_5807.jpg

Last edited:

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are getting quite a Toyama collection. Is that a 180 or 210? Love my 210.
that Is a 210 mm Toyoma - love it so far, have not used it much yet, but looking forward to breaking it in

I may sell the 180mm

I also got the 270 mm Toyoma Stanless clad blue Gyuto, along with the 210 mm Nakiri

did not need them, but had to have them!