Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is one shig i actually would want, nice specs!
I have not used mine yet - will start tomorrow - how reactive is yours? This is one beautiful knife!

Interesting to hear about comparison with Kato WH. Maybe you can share more after some more use

Knife - Itou Pictorial 225 270 - 2020 09 25 - 01 DSC04466 EDITED.jpg

I love stainless knives, and I love my Mr. Itous...

After really little usage I ve feeling it s better than my WH Kato in same size 😱🙈
I used mine today briefly - simply amazing knife, tip work is brilliant, it stands above the rest with an ineffable quality. If I could only have 3 knives (god forbid), this would be in the top 3

again, my knives are more kitchen use oriented, and I don’t buy purely for collector value, or expensive, flashy looks, or rarity. I only buy knives I can use with freedom and joy in the kitchen - to do what they are supposed to do😊 you won’t find framed, unused tamahagane Gyuto’ s on my walls anytime soon!

View attachment 96553
I love stainless knives, and I love my Mr. Itous...
.....fair to say you also love onions and capsicum? Is there a deeper meaning with these two particular vegetable specimens being selected for display next to the knives? Perhaps in how these two react with the steel? Or is there a hidden meaning as to why the onion is on the left and not on the right?

of course, things are diagonal to the grain of the board - clearly, some symbolism there too maybe

@JML please illuminate humble minds like mine😂😂😂

How are those lacquer handles working out with carrots?
I have one knife with a lacquer handle -
And that one is working out really well - it’s a great looking lacquer handle and very comfortable end non-slippery - see below - it’s a beauty, and great in the kitchen. I currently have no ther knives with lacquer handles
C651B6EE-5C78-4062-8497-4310C1276FF0.jpeg

I have one knife with a lacquer handle -
And that one is working out really well - it’s a great looking lacquer handle and very comfortable end non-slippery - see below - it’s a beauty, and great in the kitchen. I currently have no ther knives with lacquer handlesView attachment 96581
ahh, the master strikes again. You asked questions and instead of getting any answers ended up answering yourself, brilliant :LOL:

You got the 210 Kasumi - it’s an amazing knife - I tried mine today doe the first time. Congrats on one of the greatest knives on the planet

You got the 210 Kasumi - it’s an amazing knife - I tried mine today doe the first time. Congrats on one of the greatest knives on the planet
It's a wonderful knife! But I was surprised how reactive the cladding is. Finish on blade is sublime, grind is awesome.

It’s raining Shigs this fall for sure -
Like that song, I’m singin in the rain😂😂😂

I think all Shig’s are quite reactive - I kept a wet cloth and wiped as I used it - I did not do that with my small (165 mm) KU Shig Nakiri and Santoku - and they reacted almost immediately. I learnt from that experience, as those two were my first “entry” level Shig’s because nothing else was available. Sublime is the spot on word to describe this knife btw

It’s raining Shigs!

What's the size of that nakiri? Looks quite tall!

It’s the 180. I think maybe the last 180 before he sold out. Heal height is right at 59. It’s definitely beefier than I was expecting. Trying to think of something for dinner now that requires lots of prep.

It’s the 180. I think maybe the last 180 before he sold out. Heal height is right at 59. It’s definitely beefier than I was expecting. Trying to think of something for dinner now that requires lots of prep.
Is the other one a Toyama Gyuto 210mm

Sweet - 210 Gyuto SS clad and 180 mm Nakiri? Latter is sold out at JNS. Love both knives, sold my 180 mm Nakiri as I got a 210 Toyama Nakiri

Waiting for Mazaki- Toyama bake-off review, should be interesting

Thoughts on the 210 vs the 180? I went with the 180 thinking the 210 would be too big but now I think I might have been okay either way.

Back