Quantcast

Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Receiver52

Supporting Member
Reaction score
congrats - gorgeous knife - any first impressions on what the fuss is all about? Are we all Denka marketing victims through a fanboy community?๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

is it all press and no substance? Or the reverse?
This was a direct order.

Itโ€™s a beautiful knife. F&F is better than I expected. The Choil is rounded without me asking. The spine could use some work though. F&F on the handle is better than on my Morihei Hisamoto. There are no overgrinds that I can see and Gaku confirmed to me before he shipped it that there are none.

Using it for dinner tonight and will find out if โ€œ it will cut โ€œ as Doug would say. All in all Iโ€™m happy so far.

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a direct order.

Itโ€™s a beautiful knife. F&F is better than I expected. The Choil is rounded without me asking. The spine could use some work though. F&F on the handle is better than on my Morihei Hisamoto. There are no overgrinds that I can see and Gaku confirmed to me before he shipped it that there are none.

Using it for dinner tonight and will find out if โ€œ it will cut โ€œ as Doug would say. All in all Iโ€™m happy so far.
Thanks - aligned with my initial impressions when I ordered direct as well

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally acquired a 270 KU Wat to complete the family photo.
Finally acquired a 270 KU Wat to complete the family photo.
what a lovely family, really well behaved little ones.

Can you send me a choil shot of the KU Gyuto? I have some choil envy going on right now. Also let me know that weight and heel height please

I got a KU Wat and just wanted to conpare - thanks

Alder26

Reaction score
what a lovely family, really well behaved little ones.

Can you send me a choil shot of the KU Gyuto? I have some choil envy going on right now. Also let me know that weight and heel height please

I got a KU Wat and just wanted to conpare - thanks
First choil shot is from my new 270 KU which is 275x60 305g.

The other pics are from a earlier KU 270 from a few months ago. Very different profile and grind, I had it reground and profiled so it actually had a useful tip.

Seems like thereโ€™s a few of these bullnose wats floating around come with much beefier geometry than the older style wats.

Attachments

RockyBasel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First choil shot is from my new 270 KU which is 275x60 305g.

The other pics are from a earlier KU 270 from a few months ago. Very different profile and grind, I had it reground and profiled so it actually had a useful tip.

Seems like thereโ€™s a few of these bullnose wats floating around come with much beefier geometry than the older style wats.
Thanks - if you look at p 647, you see the picture of a Wat I just got, similar profile to yours, but very different choil shot

was your a pro-line?

Alder26

Reaction score
Thanks - if you look at p 647, you see the picture of a Wat I just got, similar profile to yours, but very different choil shot

was your a pro-line?
Yes mine was a pro line. Mine had a pretty similar choil shot to your before I got it reground. Sturdy knife and a good cutter, but having the shinogi moved up a bit improves it nicely.

Alder26

Reaction score
I took it to a local knife maker who did it. If you have any knife makers that are near by you should contact them. Re-grinding on a belt doesn't take very long so it usually doesn't cost too much.

Latest posts