Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we get some specs for this rare beast. Edge length, height, balance point, weight and thickness at the choil. Some pics of the latter and spine would sbe welcome too.
PXL_20201025_032618156.jpg

PXL_20201025_032510734.jpg

Edge length: 235mm (heel to tip)
Height: 47.8mm
Balance point: 1/2cm in front of bolster (handle is heavy)
Weight: 239gr
Thickness: 3.4mm out of the handle - 3.3mm above the heel. @Chicagohawkie "Idk? Maybe 2mm?"
Very nice specs. The choil looks perfect and that DT is oh so good. Not surprised the balance point is handle centric.

Wha? Honesuki? Versatile? Woah.

That choil shot is impressively thin for a honesuki.
Yes the blade is really thin. I think the versatility is due to the peculiar profile. The knife is taller and has more belly than any other Honesuki I know. I didn’t break down a bird with it yet but I won’t hesitate to do so. Also want to try to filet some small fish soon.

Does this mean that somebody got that kato kikuryu western 180 in exchange for this konosuke ashi honyaki?
3000USD buys a lot of house in the outback. I like how the owner is concerned about visitors heads. Nice touch
Looks like an en suite dunny is included
a4ad2623b9adadc8e18f40f3c039e665.jpeg

Last edited:
What’s up with the 120? Do you have another 120 you prefer?
The 120 slipped my hand while rehandling and lost it’s tip so I had to repair it 🙈.
It’s my only 120 at the moment. It is a lot like my old beat up Tojiro white which was my most abused knife back then and I guess the Munetoshi will have the same life 😂

Not as sexy as any of the latest (duh!) but still my newest knife:

Vic8New.JPG

Vic 8"
344 / 208 / 20852 / 44 / 25 … 2.5 / 2 / 1.5 / 0.9+15168g

Always wanted it after getting the 10 inchers. Here allowed me free shipping on ordering a stone and salt mill with Paul. Pretty much lowest Canadian price anyhow, and Paul's packages get here in 24 hours. Good practice knife. More sexy order from Ai and Om should get here tomorrow. 😍

No review. You can even see I didn't care much for taking a picture.

Back