Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5FAC0499-DA84-4841-944A-279621F2233E.jpeg
F620AED3-2D6C-4DD2-99DC-B72CF5A9C816.jpeg

A mystery inox nogent Sab branded by Dehillerin, found on ebay and purchased mainly for the real ebony handle and partial bolster. Steel sharpens up easily but not very fine grained, and I imagine the edge retention isn't great. Still, I have a good feeling this could be the in-hand paring knife I've been searching for.

Is this the one and only that is still available on his site? Really tempted to try a Spare. Then if you have time share some impressions on it :)

Cheers!
There is not really anything in stock on his page, just space holders to get an idea of the prices. You can’t check out on his shop.
You will just have to write him a message on Instagram and talk to him what you want. I asked for a carbon 200 and he accidentally had this beauty ready for shipment for a more than reasonable price I have to say.
I have only cut up one onion yet as I only prepared some sandwiches today but so far it’s really promising, I will be happy to post more on it once I have used it more.

Got the Gesshin Uraku white #2 180 mm Left handed Usuba to complete my single bevel set. Asked for initial sharpening and came very sharp. 1st time trying katsuramaki on daikon with a proper usuba. I see a lot of daikon in my diet this week.
Hard to see lefty knife here, especially usuba 😍😍😍

Nice :cool:
I'm on Mattias' list for a 240 Gyuto and a 120 utility in September. Mine will be mono steel and I'm really looking forward to them.
Any comments on performance yet or is it too early?
I haven't used it yet but FF looks really good, blade is super straight.
I'll let you know impressions once I get to cut something.
Mattias is really easy to work with and overall seems like he is trying to make you the best knife to his abilities.

Hi!
I received this Heiji petty SS 135 cm a month ago. Very happy with my choice, sharpens easy, holds edge and the tip is like a scalpel.
I had to wait 5 months, since I placed my direct order.
First time to touch a burnt chestnut handle - feels light and the grip is perfect.
Overall - Heiji is Heiji.

Attachments

• IMG_20210212_121140.jpg
    IMG_20210212_121140.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20210212_154618.jpg
    IMG_20210212_154618.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG-e949e423dda988ce0a32c2a78406abf9-V.jpg
    IMG-e949e423dda988ce0a32c2a78406abf9-V.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 66
Budget wabi-sabi à la française:
Petty from the fifties. See the narrow fingerguard and absence of a full bolster. Meant for the North-American market. The makers call them Canadians.
A serious problem with these knives is a lip of a few millimetres at the heel, sharpened at an obtuse angle — here removed. It hinders use in the middle of the board as it causes a frown. Once gone the first centimetre of the edge has no function, but at least the contact with the board is straight.
IMG_20210329_173024.jpg

Last edited:
@Mikeadunne you have a collection of 180s, correct?
Haha the legend grows... no at one point I had 4 petties in the 185-200 range. 2 mazak, 1 shihan, 1 Kono fuji. I sold the shihan so now I have 3. But I also have an old sabatier 7inch utility knife...

I'd have one more if somebody would man up and sell me their m!@#$#@$ing Marko Tsourkan 180mm petty :mad:!

But yes I have a soft spot for this genre.

nice, you picked this up. Whats the update on the tip that had some potential cladding at the edge?
Cladding seems still there but has no effect on performance I think. I am using it professionally and it didn't chip or roll or anything, so that's good i guess!

View attachment 120580View attachment 120581
A mystery inox nogent Sab branded by Dehillerin, found on ebay and purchased mainly for the real ebony handle and partial bolster. Steel sharpens up easily but not very fine grained, and I imagine the edge retention isn't great. Still, I have a good feeling this could be the in-hand paring knife I've been searching for.
It looks SO GOOD!!!

Budget wabi-sabi à la française:
Petty from the fifties. See the narrow fingerguard and absence of a full bolster. Meant for the North-American market. The makers call them Canadians.
A serious problem with these knives is a lip of a few millimetres at the heel, sharpened at an obtuse angle — here removed. It hinders use in the middle of the board as it causes a frown. Once gone the first centimetre of the edge has no function, but at least the contact with the board is straight. View attachment 120733
YES!!!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Back