Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Reaction score
Some of the best shirogami out there in my opinion. Better than TF white from my experience.

I have got three of his knives and agree 100% with @ethompson

Sharpness is at least in line with TF white 1 but tougher. besides the cladding is such a joy to polish, tons of bandings.
shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up
(btw the grind is like old takeda)

PausedPhoenix

Reaction score
Got to try my new ryusen 270 that i got from @daddy yo yo this past week and I'm impressed so far. Handled everything i threw at it verry well, though I don't know how i feel about the upswept (overground?) Heel but that will be fixed soon enough.

IMG_20221111_100222~2.jpg

The weight (305g) and thinness behind the edge really just makes it a pleasure to use.

IMG_20221111_100250~2.jpg

It's a good thing i don't care too much about the blade finish on my knives since the cladding on this thing seems just as prone to scratches as my takamura is.

Reaction score
Been busy at work as thanks giving closes by. Got this knife 3 days ago and I can’t wait to use it at work. I love Ginsan! Very easy to sharpen and as sharp as it gets. Kagekiyo Ginsan 240mm. Maybe i’ll change the handle on this too since the handle feels weird. View attachment 209646 View attachment 209647 View attachment 209648 View attachment 209649
Nice! I was eyeing this too but I didn’t love the handle and I was worried it was going to be short, but that looks pretty good.

jedy617

Reaction score
Got two very special ones today. I have wanted a damasteel chef for quite some time but have waited awhile for the perfect one. Jonas(isasmedjan) was showing at the Damasteel chef invitational and I knew either the integral or the birch bark chef had to be mine. It was a toss up which to go for, so I went with the birchbark+rose pattern, but then the integral surprisingly sat for a few minutes...so I pulled the trigger on that too. Very happy I did, I am in love with it, it was forged out of a round bar, and I love the fact that it is an integral. It won best integral of the show. Initially I planned on keeping whichever I liked the best, but now I think they are both staying. How could one choose out of these? I love the twist and the integral, but I also love the birchbark+forge scale left on the rose damasteel, it's so cool as well.

isas1.jpg

isas2.jpg

isas3.jpg

Last edited:

lumo

Reaction score
I love the twist and the integral, but I also love the birchbark+forge scale left on the rose damasteel, it's so cool as well.
Love it, never saw it on a knife handle.
6 ft Ultra Light.JPG
My second fishing rod build with birch bark and padauk...about 16 years ago.

Attachments

• 6 ft Ultra Light.JPG
    6 ft Ultra Light.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Got two very special ones today. I have wanted a damasteel chef for quite some time but have waited awhile for the perfect one. Jonas(isasmedjan) was showing at the Damasteel chef invitational and I knew either the integral or the birch bark chef had to be mine. It was a toss up which to go for, so I went with the birchbark+rose pattern, but then the integral surprisingly sat for a few minutes...so I pulled the trigger on that too. Very happy I did, I am in love with it, it was forged out of a round bar, and I love the fact that it is an integral. It won best integral of the show. Initially I planned on keeping whichever I liked the best, but now I think they are both staying. How could one choose out of these? I love the twist and the integral, but I also love the birchbark+forge scale left on the rose damasteel, it's so cool as well.

View attachment 209833
View attachment 209832
View attachment 209831
Definitely show us a patina pics after you put them to use also. Great score.

Reaction score
I humbly request an audience before the Prince of Rectangles, @BillHanna and the High Council of Cleavers to request admission into the League of Extraordinary Rectangles. I have recently acquired a specimen that I think will qualify me to be inducted into this illustrious and renowned brotherhood, although I admit, an angle and side-length variance would have to be granted to me. However, I feel that what my contribution lacks in 90 degree angles and equal length opposite sides, it more than makes up for in sheer, unadulterated BADASSERY. For your consideration, I present my Kamon Knives Bog Oak Gigantoku:

View attachment Gigantoku2-01332.JPG

I look forward to the Council's decision.

Hockey3081

Reaction score
I humbly request an audience before the Prince of Rectangles, @BillHanna and the High Council of Cleavers to request admission into the League of Extraordinary Rectangles. I have recently acquired a specimen that I think will qualify me to be inducted into this illustrious and renowned brotherhood, although I admit, an angle and side-length variance would have to be granted to me. However, I feel that what my contribution lacks in 90 degree angles and equal length opposite sides, it more than makes up for in sheer, unadulterated BADASSERY. For your consideration, I present my Kamon Knives Bog Oak Gigantoku:

View attachment 210077

A. Congrats. Never met a Kamon I didn’t like.
B. I’m not in the council but the name is essentially a gigantic santoku.
C.
320DCCDC-EE03-43D1-96E2-88985C0D53D8.gif

M1k3

"Gigantoku" is just code for "Serbian Cleaver"
Reaction score

View attachment 210077

@Isasmedjan look, just call it a 'Gigantoku'. And then you can make all the Serbian Cleaver's without shame.

KAMON Knives

Reaction score

View attachment 210077

If I may dear sir ☝️😌 - the name of the knife is gigantoku (NOT to be confused with a Serbian cleaver which is a completely different thing. Completely. No parallels. Shut up. Don't even try! 🐒), BUT it was planned, with the objective in mind, to make a Chinese cleaver with a tip ☝️😌. Now that you all got this information... May the peasants decide 👋😌.