Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would love a cutting video
do you think it's worth the sticker price?
They say picture is worth a thousand words...

PXL_20230403_004739451.jpg

I am a fan.

They say picture is worth a thousand words...

I am a billionaire.
Very nice colleXXXion. I have been curious since he floated into the massdrop conversation, I remember him from the Saltydog days but they've always eluded me for some reason.

Reactions: ian
Very nice colleXXXion. I have been curious since he floated into the massdrop conversation, I remember him from the Saltydog days but they've always eluded me for some reason.
I‘ve had many more Devin’s knives through out the years and I think they are great. Some of the best heat treats on all sorts of steels and they work for me. I like the profiles and the grinds are very good general purpose grinds. For a steel junkie like myself very few others work with as many different steels. In this hobby everything is very personal and subjective, we all have our favorites and these are some of mine.

I‘ve had many more Devin’s knives through out the years and I think they are great. Some of the best heat treats on all sorts of steels and they work for me. I like the profiles and the grinds are very good general purpose grinds. For a steel junkie like myself very few others work with as many different steels. In this hobby everything is very personal and subjective, we all have our favorites and these are some of mine.
DT stainless chevron gyuto has been one I’ve chased for over 10 years. Agreed, his work is among the top in the business. A fond memory, back in 2013 I did a tasting menu for a new job. Originally planned 3 courses, as requested, but instead I got ambitious and banged out 9 including dessert. The one knife I brought with me was an ITK in AEB-l. It was what I felt most comfortable with in being the one knife for all tasks needed, without needing to be babied.

Outstanding lot you have there.

Snagged the Yoake off of the home butcher’s IG story sale. 267 grams, 255x55. Love this knife and will say to anyone interested that these are unapologetically hand made knives that come with some wabi sabi like squiggly spines and uneven grinds (middle of the knife is ground thinner in the middle than the heel and tip). But I like the character. Haven’t tried it yet but I dig it already.

F6EAE0B8-6C20-4B84-8BD7-073B02AF4409.jpeg
EEBDFDA8-F123-498E-A468-81D01EFA752C.jpeg
F4640E4B-3CF4-4390-8DCF-9410E492A1BE.jpeg
37E3F2A7-E7E3-4DB4-8CC7-43259E75C19D.jpeg

@xsmx13 very nice! The grind on that Markin looks stellar. So thin, even, and tall AF. One day I'll score a Kamon :). There seems to be a queue on the forum BST. Maybe he should do another mass drop lol!
The Markin is really nicely done, true to form. I wanted something smaller than my Gigantoku (it's an amazing knife, but sometimes I want something a little smaller), but bigger than the Brad Leone cleaver or imitation tinker tank I enjoy messing around with at times. I have a couple that I'm working on making that are similar profiles, but won't hold a candle to Benjamin or Andrei's work.

As for BST Kamon's, while I'll never say never, this one along with something in the pipeline have likely put me out of the game. In fact, I'm considering dropping a package with another Kamon in the near future.

Yeah its the way he's doing it, i guess for protecting the tang from humidity.
Its the only thing made you sad about it?..😂
Well this was the first thing i've seen so far lol

Yup. And it's strange as he uses welded on stainless tangs so it's no to protect the tang from rust.
Weird.

Back