Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too sure about this new Dalman. Machi-handle gap is a bit longer than I'd requested, and I think there is a slight edge irregularity about halfway along the blade.

qxq2aZa.jpg

Not too sure about this new Dalman. Machi-handle gap is a bit longer than I'd requested, and I think there is a slight edge irregularity about halfway along the blade.

qxq2aZa.jpg

damn that was fast shipped!

Gorgeous knife, congrats! Would love to see a picture of the spine...

Thanks!
Sorry for the crappy picture, but here it is:

DSCN2765_zpsskkypmvi.jpg

Patina after nearly 1 week of (home) use:

DSCN2766_zps7dsc1jxw.jpg

DSCN2768_zpsipv9xpkq.jpg

qxq2aZa.jpg

Love the handle and patina:)

I figured I was best off not trying too hard with a picky guy like XooMG. Don't worry about the edge irregularity, it's part of the process, just put some wax in there 👌

I thought this was your new, top secret super special grind.... Export only [emoji12]
Actually would have had two different grinds, before and behind the edge anomaly (almost looks like a crack).

After some polishing experiments, you can see how the tip and heel halves are divided:
AndNUDT.jpg

Along with the above custom knife, Robin shipped me one of his scrap blades that he was going to discard.

Batteries died before I could set up for a better picture, but my first test shot turned out almost acceptable.
1HoH349.jpg

So what's the story with the dalman? The busted one is the scraped blade right ??

So what's the story with the dalman? The busted one is the scraped blade right ??
Yeah the little one is the scrap, for polishing practice in case I feel like modding the bigger cleaver. There's stuff hiding under the surface:
LObvHwg.jpg

A piece of art from Andy Billipp: http://rhamphorhynchus.rajce.idnes....rbon_gyuto_with_two-tone_Amboyna_burl_handle/

I also made (on request of Matus:)) a video from unpacking, just for fun, the link is here (https://youtu.be/01MVCJRDw7w), please, don't try to translate my words after I finally saw the knife;-)...And its better to skip to about 1,45, until that I only tried to get off all the wrapping with my unhandy left...

I have ever liked rustic knives and those with hammered surface in particular (I can still remember myself watching and old video from JKI of Teruyasu Fujiwara Maboroshi no meito line again and again, several years ago when I started to be interested in J-knives) and I have also ever admired two-tone amboyna burl handles, this material being my "dream" material for an eventual custom handle in the future...And within this single knife, all these dreams became true...I should also mention that although Andy's knives are usually balanced at the heel, in this one, the balance point is about 2 cm in front of the heel (due to the relatively light handle with only a moderate amount of heartwood; Andy usually uses the distinctly heavier ironwood) what I also like and was according to my wishes...So many thanks to Andy for an amazing knife as well as to the guys from House of Burl where I suceeded to get the block for the handle...

A piece of art from Andy Billipp: http://rhamphorhynchus.rajce.idnes....rbon_gyuto_with_two-tone_Amboyna_burl_handle/

I also made (on request of Matus:)) a video from unpacking, just for fun, the link is here (https://youtu.be/01MVCJRDw7w), please, don't try to translate my words after I finally saw the knife;-)...And its better to skip to about 1,45, until that I only tried to get off all the wrapping with my unhandy left...

I have ever liked rustic knives and those with hammered surface in particular (I can still remember myself watching and old video from JKI of Teruyasu Fujiwara Maboroshi no meito line again and again, several years ago when I started to be interested in J-knives) and I have also ever admired two-tone amboyna burl handles, this material being my "dream" material for an eventual custom handle in the future...And within this single knife, all these dreams became true...I should also mention that although Andy's knives are usually balanced at the heel, in this one, the balance point is about 2 cm in front of the heel (due to the relatively light handle with only a moderate amount of heartwood; Andy usually uses the distinctly heavier ironwood) what I also like and was according to my wishes...So many thanks to Andy for an amazing knife as well as to the guys from House of Burl where I suceeded to get the block for the handle...
SICK!!!

Gorgeous knife!!!

@Krakorak
Sick Knife!! that handle is insanely awesome! ;)
Congrats for that knife!

Back