Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this yesterday. It is incredible. Gorgeous and going to be an amazing performer.

210mm White #2 Gesshin Kagekiyo

5JEF424.jpg

First ones hit german customers on Christmas. But should come soon. Claudia send them all on Monday last week.

I have a HD2 suji and a 210 Hana gyuto, personally I'd take the Hana any day of the week.

Reasons? I’ve never handled either; the closest cutlery shop to me that carries even one of these is 4 hours away, so I have to rely on this forum and other online reviews.

Reasons? I’ve never handled either; the closest cutlery shop to me that carries even one of these is 4 hours away, so I have to rely on this forum and other online reviews.

Better cutter, better edge retention.
I tend to regard the Hana as probably the best all round knife I have.
The Tanaka R2 that I have is a slightly better cutter, but the Hana is an awesome knife.

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1515119321.534181.jpg
Michael Rader 270mm 52100 integral Sujihiki
Takeda AS Mioroshi and Honesuki

Got these in a trade for my watanabe kintaro-ame sakimaru takobiki… may be catch & release since the plan was originally to sell but I love the feel of the Rader handle

View attachment 38167
Michael Rader 270mm 52100 integral Sujihiki
Takeda AS Mioroshi and Honesuki

Got these in a trade for my watanabe kintaro-ame sakimaru takobiki… may be catch & release since the plan was originally to sell but I love the feel of the Rader handle

looks like someone did good on that trade, two takedas and a Rader <3

Geez only 4 hours.... most of us dream of having shops that close where we could try those knives out. &#128512;&#128512;

Geez only 4 hours.... most of us dream of having shops that close where we could try those knives out. &#128512;&#128512;

Right? I'd love to vist JKI someday but that will be a price trip, lol. I mean, I guess I am still better off than some others as Korin is about 9 hours from here. But me driving to NYC isn't going to happen. My idea of a traffic jam is a hoard of Amish buggies commuting to church. I would have a heart attack!

Right? I'd love to vist JKI someday but that will be a price trip, lol. I mean, I guess I am still better off than some others as Korin is about 9 hours from here. But me driving to NYC isn't going to happen. My idea of a traffic jam is a hoard of Amish buggies commuting to church. I would have a heart attack!

Just a little bit off topic,lol,but,I used to drive semi trucks over the road and often times ended up in New York City with a big old 45 foot long trailer backing into a loading dock through 4 lanes of traffic.Oh Lord,never again.I won't even take a car there.I am used to our Amish buggies too and that's all the traffic I care for.Thanks a lot for the flash back but it doesn't help my PTSD any.

Back