Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my god... after tryin for close to an hour to upload on my laptop I finally went to the desktop, still having trouble with pictures so *crosses fingers*

This is the 2017 family of aquisitions. I've only been a member for roughly a year, and all of these have found their way to me in that span. Thanks to all the members that have sold to me, without you guys this picture would have a lot less friends in it :doublethumbsup:
IRxThIc.jpg

oA5YbUC.jpg

JD1zjye.jpg

C4YUTZE.jpg

UubOhwU.jpg

AjFvub2.jpg

Sorry I went picture crazy!

Last edited:
Right? I'd love to vist JKI someday but that will be a price trip, lol. I mean, I guess I am still better off than some others as Korin is about 9 hours from here. But me driving to NYC isn't going to happen. My idea of a traffic jam is a hoard of Amish buggies commuting to church. I would have a heart attack!

Funny.... I LOVE driving in NYC. Bike, car..... doesn’t matter. Makes me feel alive.

Funny.... I LOVE driving in NYC. Bike, car..... doesn’t matter. Makes me feel alive.

Makes me think I am going to die! It isn't just NYC. I didn't do well in Madrid or London either. I am the drive down an old country road a 35 miles an hour kind of guy. That is one but not the only reason my wife says I was born 60 and aged from there...

Makes me think I am going to die! It isn't just NYC. I didn't do well in Madrid or London either. I am the drive down an old country road a 35 miles an hour kind of guy. That is one but not the only reason my wife says I was born 60 and aged from there...

LOL... good one!

I guess being raised driving a stick, In snow and on the Autobahn, then marrying a girl from Barcelona, practicing in Istanbul and now driving on narrow roads (and on the left) makes for good practice lol

Right? I'd love to vist JKI someday but that will be a price trip, lol. I mean, I guess I am still better off than some others as Korin is about 9 hours from here. But me driving to NYC isn't going to happen. My idea of a traffic jam is a hoard of Amish buggies commuting to church. I would have a heart attack!
Its well worth the visit 😀. I blocked off a morning when I was in LA to do a sharpening class with Jon. Was def an experience. Walked away with a 270 ginga in white #2 as well. I defy any knife nerd to walk out of that store without purchasing... can't be done.

nomsdotcom - i hope you are enjoying your masa and miso. thats a pretty nice looking suji, can you post more pics of it?
I am! the Misono especially. There's a special place in my heart for that kife.

I work brunch today, but I'll take some pictures tomorrow. It's actually a Yanagiba despite initial appearances

Sent from my SM-N910V using Kitchen Knife Forum mobile app

It looks short, I'm guessing it's a line slicer 240? On a station I used that miso for everything lol. Here is a tip, use the masa for chiffonade herbs. It makes quick work of it. Seems silly to use heavy knife on delicate product but I swear it's the best option.

@panda nice! I think bernal has an annual sale on white 2 in feb

it was an impulse buy. my combo of ks + wat is pretty incredible. i'm guessing the hinoura will fit in the middle to round out the team. at this point i've gotten over my dream of honyaki, it's really unnecessary.

I've used a couple of Mutsumi Hinoura's blades, always been very impressed. The stainless clad, aogami super 240 gyuto I have from him is easily a dark horse for the role of best outright cutter I've ever used. Thought of selling it for a while, but every time I picked it up and used it I would be blown away all over again. Effortless.

I've used a couple of Mutsumi Hinoura's blades, always been very impressed. The stainless clad, aogami super 240 gyuto I have from him is easily a dark horse for the role of best outright cutter I've ever used. Thought of selling it for a while, but every time I picked it up and used it I would be blown away all over again. Effortless.

I have a 210 and couldn’t agree more. I’ve had a 240 in AS on my list ever since I got my first one

Have a couple white 1 stainless clads from him, and was surprised by how well they cut. Food sticks to them a bit much for me, but it may have been a fluke with the kuro finish.

A Kono I have is supposedly forged by Mutsumi Hinoura...by far the best tip out of all my knives.

Rehandeled my new TF Maboroshi, also started with thinning/refinishing but not done yet.

VlmLrFuh.jpg

Back