Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ exactly. Way fun knife. But I will say, and just being honest, I’m having more fun with the Toyama. Very robust, amazing board feel and feedback when cutting. Doesn’t ghost through onions like he mazaki but like I said the Toyama just feels so confident.

My chilli plants are going off at the moment

got this knife for my birthday in Aug... I have been a bit slack in posting

great knife, fantastic cutter and looks good

HHzaVtxh.jpg

Because it fits in well with the topic:

A few months ago, I saw my knife in Tony's shop which I really liked visually (not sure if I can show the picture here). Unfortunately, the dimensions did not match my preferences.

I contacted Tony and made him this requirement:

32122305gc.jpg

(Also grind and thickness at the different places of the blade were given)

Two days ago I held this knife in my hands:

32122306sb.jpg

What can I say? My specifications and wishes were implemented excellently. There are very few makers who can deliver this fit & finish. Great work.:2thumbsup:

Hi

Ive been absent for a few years, who is this maker please and do you have his website

Thanks

ALan

Yoshikazu Ikeda Blue 1 honyaki gyuto

[video=youtube;CWACg3c3IBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWACg3c3IBY[/video]

Pics are clickable

any reason we can't just say Sakai Izumi like it says on the blade?

Other than me not being able to understand what the kanji means, no ;). All I was told is that it was forged by Ikeda and sharpened by Kasahara, any additional insight is more than welcome!

Will post some measurements and a choil shot tomorrow.

I'm assuming because it was purchased based on the smith and the branding was largely irrelevant during the sale.

Fair is fair, I did specify the sharpener as well when i ordered, so should have mentioned him as well :)

I really like that look/
balance of heft and thin-ness

Which one is that choil shot?

cheers

The 240 came from Bernal, the 270 was ordered through a Sakai vendor. I got a pretty sweet deal on the one from Bernal, it came bundled with this stone for free.
xyLbvRH.jpg

8kGaRUr.jpg

dTCnjqO.jpg

any chance to post up distal taper / choil shots of this beauty?

Bit of a wonky handle install (not by me fortunately), but this deserves a custom handle so not too bothered!

Cutting edge length: 232
Spine at handle: 2.93
Spine at heel: 2.86
Spine halfway: 2.08
Spine 5cm from tip: 1.73
Spine 2.5 cm from tip: 1.55
Spine 1.5 cm from tip: 1.2
Weigth: 195
Heigth at heel: 49.1

Could you give a short review of how this knife cuts etc. I’ve been interested in his work as Steffen lives only 8 kilometres from my home. The knives look really nice and well done [emoji2]
- Kim

Back