Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
64BC4A17-1B63-4B86-8512-1F09409269B1.jpeg
I wasn’t really looking for one. But through a series of events ended up with a Zwilling Kramer Euroline 10” Damascus. So far I like it. We will see how it plays out on the long term

On a related note. Does anyone know where I can get a saya for it? My knife block is full. So we want to get a saya and put it in the cabinet above my prep area. The blade is so tall. I’m not sure wheee to find one.

Love the KU finish on the Robert Trimarchi—that handle with a flash of copper totally rocks, very elegant, understated. Really dig the feel of bog oak.

Been a while since I've posted on this thread. Had a few things come in the last half a years or so.

Most recently, a san Mai gyuto from Robert at the Nine. Blue core with wrought cladding. Handle is bog oak sandwiching a single copper space. Classy yet a touch brooding...I think it came out great. Using and polishing this one is going to be a joy!

QTrwRTL.jpg

WGWV3o5.jpg

GltaJ1Y.jpg

6EdG8it.jpg

Also received two Catchesides recently, a 270 gyuto and a 180 nakiri in Catchy Blue. Kinda stumbled unwittingly into them, but they seem promising. The gyuto has a large flat spot and relatively flat profile overall as you can see in the second picture. The two Raquins I've had a for a decent while, so not new, but beloved all the same.

eOwe3e7.jpg

Z11eWaH.jpg

I wasn’t really looking for one. But through a series of events ended up with a Zwilling Kramer Euroline 10” Damascus. Does anyone know where I can get a saya for it?

This guy makes sayas for Z Kramers. https://www.instagram.com/jaredsj/?hl=en
The live edge sayas are pretty special.
His work is also available through Philip at Homebutcher.com.
Homebutcher will etch your blade too, if you want to really pimp it....

Love the KU finish on the Robert Trimarchi—that handle with a flash of copper totally rocks, very elegant, understated. Really dig the feel of bog oak.

Simple wood handles have always been my favorite. Hard to go wrong with the grainy feel of bog oak, burnt chestnut or burnt oak. Stays easily in hand, even when wet.

I'm lucky enough to have been able to purchase this very special knife directly from the blacksmith and his brother. It's unlike anything in my current collection and the carrots were cut with the knife that has zero edge on it (rubbed it on my hand to make sure of it). The grind simply blew my mind as did the fit and finish, hand feel and steel. I know of only two smiths in Japan currently doing wide bevel honyaki and this one isn't a Shiraki. Knife is 240mm X 55mm and is approximately 3.5mm on the spine with ok'ish distal taper. There is one more of these on the way but the smith is in the hospital recovering from cancer so not sure when it'll be completed.

2C3Cwug.jpg

0WNjTM2.jpg

X8K2DO8.jpg

w11Uinr.jpg

j42q6qG.jpg

heOsxh2.jpg

XiK0IiT.jpg

JZIRB8w.jpg

LAEbsMJ.jpg

6p7B6vG.jpg

Who's the cutler?

I'm lucky enough to have been able to purchase this very special knife directly from the blacksmith and his brother. It's unlike anything in my current collection and the carrots were cut with the knife that has zero edge on it (rubbed it on my hand to make sure of it). The grind simply blew my mind as did the fit and finish, hand feel and steel. I know of only two smiths in Japan currently doing wide bevel honyaki and this one isn't a Shiraki. Knife is 240mm X 55mm and is approximately 3.5mm on the spine with ok'ish distal taper. There is one more of these on the way but the smith is in the hospital recovering from cancer so not sure when it'll be completed.

2C3Cwug.jpg

0WNjTM2.jpg

X8K2DO8.jpg

w11Uinr.jpg

j42q6qG.jpg

heOsxh2.jpg

XiK0IiT.jpg

JZIRB8w.jpg

LAEbsMJ.jpg

6p7B6vG.jpg

Reactions: V1P
i am pretty sure it is Sakai hokushin, but why no Kanji ? Why no stamps ? Signature is only guarantee you have blade from right person.

Guess the maker, new toy, surprise Honyaki White #1 300mm
I am 90% confident it is Yoshikazu Ikeda as we see growing number of first-time-direct orders via one particular middle man who will deliver kanji-free knife unless you explicitly ask for it.

Edit: I have most likely overestimated my confidence on the origin of this knie

Last edited:
I am 90% confident it is Yoshikazu Ikeda as we see growing number of first-time-direct orders via one particular middle man who will deliver kanji-free knife unless you explicitly ask for it.

Edit: I have most likely overestimated my confidence on the origin of this knie

Wrong :p I already have an Ikeda but in tamagatane

What? You buy a knife without a kanji and than sign the smith’s name on it yourself? Or did I get that wrong?
No I have him do it afterwards. All my Japanese ordered blades have my name on it in katakana and some have special kanji, like the caged bird mizu honyaki I have ordered or this one which is made by a retired Smith will have his and his decreased masters names on it. Representing the passage of time and the soul of the blade.

No I have him do it afterwards. All my Japanese ordered blades have my name on it in katakana and some have special kanji, like the caged bird mizu honyaki I have ordered or this one which is made by a retired Smith will have his and his decreased masters names on it. Representing the passage of time and the soul of the blade.
Respect with a capital R

Some new Ambrosia maple sayas from @dphamblades for my custom ZK set (western rehandles by @schroederknifeworks custom grind on the chef knife by @jknifeimports), these were made from tracings I sent in the mail and I’m pretty happy with how they all turned out for fit & finish, price as well as the quick turnaround time [emoji120] I also got a snakewood wa-handle and saya for a Kato nakiri.
IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

Is the damascus knife also thinned? Or only the carbon chef's?

Some new Ambrosia maple sayas from @dphamblades for my custom ZK set (western rehandles by @schroederknifeworks custom grind on the chef knife by @jknifeimports), these were made from tracings I sent in the mail and I’m pretty happy with how they all turned out for fit & finish, price as well as the quick turnaround time

k080618.jpg

180mm "mystery steel" nakiri by Randy Haas @ HHH Forge. Gets hair popping sharp with minimal effort. Curly koa handle, super contoured & comfortable. Amazing cutter.

k080618.jpg

180mm "mystery steel" nakiri by Randy Haas @ HHH Forge. Gets hair popping sharp with minimal effort. Curly koa handle, super contoured & comfortable. Amazing cutter.
I rarely see a western handle nakiri that I like, but this is very nice!

Back