Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most recent arrival is mazaki 270mm stainless clad ginsanko Yanagi from Maksim at jns
IMG_5406.jpg

With the “family”… the 210mm nashiji is from Knifewear and 180mm KU is from jns
IMG_5405.jpg

Not my latest but still recently added

Honiyaki gyuto from @evan.antzenberger
Monostell carbon 1,25 62 gyuto from @dalmanknives

View attachment 46597
How do you like 1.2562 as compared to others you’ve had? I want to try this steel, but can’t find anyone to make me a knife in it. Both blades are beautiful.

Sometimes a knife doesn't turn out quite as beautiful as hoped for. :(
GKYIADBh.jpg

LsGlN7zl.jpg

More beautiful if left with this type of finish IMHO:
ILszNkeh.jpg

But at least the handle is decent:
DMO24cal.jpg

That's the knife life: win some, lose some. :rolleyes:
245ish x 53ish wide bevel gyuto

How do you like 1.2562 as compared to others you’ve had? I want to try this steel, but can’t find anyone to make me a knife in it. Both blades are beautiful.
Think I have two more knives in this still, but need to ask first again to the maker. I love it, the steel is just stupid good and Robin did a superb job on the shape and on the ht of the blade.

Think I have two more knives in this still, but need to ask first again to the maker. I love it, the steel is just stupid good and Robin did a superb job on the shape and on the ht of the blade.
Sounds great. Wish I had access to this steel... You know where to find me once you decide to move to something else;)

Sometimes a knife doesn't turn out quite as beautiful as hoped for. :(
GKYIADBh.jpg

LsGlN7zl.jpg

More beautiful if left with this type of finish IMHO:
ILszNkeh.jpg

But at least the handle is decent:
DMO24cal.jpg

That's the knife life: win some, lose some. :rolleyes:
245ish x 53ish wide bevel gyuto
Sorry to hear you don't like it. Give it a bit of time. Otherwise, I'm quite sure you will find a buyer for it.

Sukenari 240mm Nickel Damascus Wa Gyuoto Hap40 from JCK
amazingly sharp OOTB
simple handle

Used very cautiously
IMG_7953_1024x1024.jpg

BEAUTIFUL!

Did you track it down from one of the retail sources mentioned in your thread? Where did you get it, inquiring minds want to know. :)

Another member responded to my BST post and had it unused, purchased from JKI... I'm feeling very grateful towards this group of folks right now!

You are right Nemo, I apologize, I had a weak moment and wrote a stupid thing, I’ll be standing in the corner if anyone needs me:oops:
Hey- just to be clear- I was only joshing (Aussie slang for a friendly joking tease).

Besides- We've all had these impure thoughts at times [emoji16]

Back