Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very happy with the latest acquisition. It is even nicer in person. Very organic, both aesthetically and in terms of feel. Now it needs to get some use....

Very happy with the latest acquisition. It is even nicer in person. Very organic, both aesthetically and in terms of feel. Now it needs to get some use....
I love the look of Pendergrast's blades, but the handles have tempered my enthusiasm to date... how does it feel in your hand? Not trying to be salty, as I'd really like to try out one of his knives!

I love the look of Pendergrast's blades, but the handles have tempered my enthusiasm to date... how does it feel in your hand? Not trying to be salty, as I'd really like to try out one of his knives!
They look comfy if you have larger hands. Not dissimilar to Xerxes Primus handles which are extremely comfortable. Maybe a different wood (darker?) would suit the shape better. I like the factory installed patina :)

DP handles are comfy. Six-sided instead of octagon. Feels like a cross between d-shaped and octagon.

I'm sure if you reached out to him Dan would be happy to do a blade and handle to fit your needs, he's an easy guy to work with.

Watanabe pro 270 gyuto!

1ECE6C84-73D0-4B49-9161-B273B44F53F7.jpeg

The handle actually is very comfortably. I pinch the knife at the neck, and the handle feels nicely robust. Note that the spine is quite thick, which for me balances nicely with the handle.

Plenty of wood to chose from btw, the 5,000 year old English bog oak looks pretty

The handle actually is very comfortably. I pinch the knife at the neck, and the handle feels nicely robust. Note that the spine is quite thick, which for me balances nicely with the handle.

Plenty of wood to chose from btw, the 5,000 year old English bog oak looks pretty

Riba-thanks for the thoughts, though now I'll want one more...

Opinel parer no. 112, Sandvik's 12C27, blade's length 96mm, width 17mm.
I needed a least one stainless little knife. Price €7.50 incl. VAT.

Finally arrived from Sweden! What a beauty! Isasmedjan 240mm Gyuto. Can't wait to use it later.

is1.jpg

is2.jpg

Jonas's pictures are much better at capturing this than mine:

A0CD5C1C-9AA7-442D-9925-174927E1BD66.jpeg

Attachments

• is4.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 62
Picked this guy up from BST. I don't know why this steel doesn't get more buzz.
20190422_160052.jpeg

You have your replies crossed :). He was asking about mine.
Thanks for the clarification. I thought I had done adequate research before purchasing the knife. I'm always ready to learn that I am mistaken or misinformed.

Cheers

Back