Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cuts nice and the handle is unreal!

Attachments

• 7AB34253-68A5-4325-AA0F-F83079F32BB7.jpeg
    7AB34253-68A5-4325-AA0F-F83079F32BB7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 323
Anything y'all can tell me about it?

Not from personal experience-

But Z-knife reviewed them twice, once possibly a counterfeit set, then one he thought probably was the real deal.

http://www.zknives.com/knives/kitchen/ktknv/chroma/chsk185v2.shtml

Long story short, they were more about looking cool than performance. The counterfeit ones were not even made of a functional knife steel. The real one was slightly better than that, but not remarkable compared to a workmanlike example of a J knife.

Not from personal experience-

But Z-knife reviewed them twice, once possibly a counterfeit set, then one he thought probably was the real deal.

http://www.zknives.com/knives/kitchen/ktknv/chroma/chsk185v2.shtml

Long story short, they were more about looking cool than performance. The counterfeit ones were not even made of a functional knife steel. The real one was slightly better than that, but not remarkable compared to a workmanlike example of a J knife.
Ahhhh ok, I can see where the looks bs functionality argument comes in. and thanks for the link. I can do some reading on my train ride to school

That's very pretty!

Looks very similar to some of Takeshi Saji's knives. I wonder whether those two had a shared teacher or otherwise shared history? Both are at Takefu, I believe?
I’ve always wondered why takeshi doesn’t get more love. Never used one. But he seems like one of the leaders in the stainless bling knife genre.

Please take this is a sign of respect, but I hate you for having this knife as I do not have it myself.
No disrespect taken, flattered. Seamless and enjoyable process working with Kip, that guy's very talented. This was my first custom, the knife rocks, looks very different now—the other night I challenged the Kip to a pineapple, Kip won, and got a good patina going in the process, no chips from the tough skin and crown of the pineapple. I was a little nervous ordering my inaugural custom—probably the most reasonably custom out there considering the quality—after procrastinating, told myself to just commit and go for it. Fascinating working on profile, specs, amount of belly, etc. Fun choosing handle materials.

I requested the knife to be a little heavier than his work pony, it's nimble but with a nice amount of heft.

Here's what it looks like now with patina. Better to me since I'm not fond of knives that're too shiny, this is a working knife in my rotation.
KW1Xmfe.jpg

Back