Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comet gyuto, spicy white, 260mm
IMG_1200.jpeg
IMG_1201.jpeg
IMG_1203.jpeg
IMG_1204.jpeg
IMG_1202.jpeg

Couldn't help myself and picked up a Jiro Tsuchime 240 mm gyuto from CKC. Haven't tried it yet, but gotta say it is something special. Really nice weight (260 g) and balance to it. Beautiful craftsmanship and finish (not that you can tell from my mediocre pictures haha). I really like the tagayasan handle too.

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0548.JPG

Couldn't help myself and picked up a Jiro Tsuchime 240 mm gyuto from CKC. Haven't tried it yet, but gotta say it is something special. Really nice weight (260 g) and balance to it. Beautiful craftsmanship and finish (not that you can tell from my mediocre pictures haha). I really like the tagayasan handle too.

View attachment 72086
View attachment 72085
Ok this looks pretty awesome. How does it cut? And what is the steel like

Ok this looks pretty awesome. How does it cut? And what is the steel like

I just got it today and only cut one onion but its great so far. Nice thin tip, relatively tall, with large flat spot. I haven't sharpened it and am not sure I would be the best person to comment on the steel but I don't see any issues. Honestly, I was a little nervous pulling the trigger on this knife because of the mixed reviews in the pass around thread, but I am definitely happy I got it. It's a great knife and I really appreciate the craftsmanship and style. Actually, I just posted in a thread on favorite knives that this might be a contender for me... we'll see.

View attachment 72103 Couple of BST gems. Funayukis single bevel and hybrid. Kitaoka lefty I rehandled with a Anton courtesy of @Cheeks1989 and I loved the new look Shig ku santoku turned funayuki by @ma_sha1 recently used this knife for a couple shifts on both veg and proteins and it’s a rockstar. Nicely done!

Thanks buddy!

Took some risk altering the brand new Shig. KU, glad to see it come through the other end & be put through some real use.

Last edited:
Some people like lasers, but I’m not one of those people. Yamahide W#1 270 with one of the best KU finishes my eyes have ever seen. 274x60 and a monstrous 438g

X4U5Uim.jpg

FftcDsY.jpg

As9KMia.jpg

01FtL3t.jpg
That knife looks absolutely gorgeous. Congrats to you on grabbing that beast!

This is my first post after New Member Check-in. Been lurking for a few months and learning a lot from this great resource of knife and food knowledge.

Anyway, this is my new knife. I know the image quality is not up to those I see in this thread. Just took this with my phone.
20200224_191304.jpg
Blenheim Forge gyuto 220 mm blade. Been using a Wusthof classic 8" chefs. So far, really liking the gyuto a lot.

This is my first post after New Member Check-in. Been lurking for a few months and learning a lot from this great resource of knife and food knowledge.

Anyway, this is my new knife. I know the image quality is not up to those I see in this thread. Just took this with my phone. View attachment 72359 Blenheim Forge gyuto 220 mm blade. Been using a Wusthof classic 8" chefs. So far, really liking the gyuto a lot.

Never heard of the maker, but like that copper ferrule.

Welcome to the forum.

Back