Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it secondhand but Knives and Stones Australia used to sell upgraded Tanakas with rounded choils and spines and the ebony/brass handle
Haha no I mean how do you like it? Im buying a Tanaka as a gift for someone and I like the looks of the ebony/brass a lot more than the ebony/horn handles, so I was wondering how they fair.

FB_IMG_1582629662739.jpg

IMG_20200226_002302.jpg

Which one looks better ?

Not a new knife just try different sharpen method..

This is my first post after New Member Check-in. Been lurking for a few months and learning a lot from this great resource of knife and food knowledge.

Anyway, this is my new knife. I know the image quality is not up to those I see in this thread. Just took this with my phone. View attachment 72359 Blenheim Forge gyuto 220 mm blade. Been using a Wusthof classic 8" chefs. So far, really liking the gyuto a lot.
This is my first post after New Member Check-in. Been lurking for a few months and learning a lot from this great resource of knife and food knowledge.

Anyway, this is my new knife. I know the image quality is not up to those I see in this thread. Just took this with my phone. View attachment 72359 Blenheim Forge gyuto 220 mm blade. Been using a Wusthof classic 8" chefs. So far, really liking the gyuto a lot.

This one!! :)

IMG_20200225_200210.jpg
IMG_20200225_200227.jpg
IMG_20200225_200256.jpg
IMG_20200224_190525.jpg

IMG_20200225_200210.jpg
IMG_20200225_200227.jpg
IMG_20200225_200256.jpg
IMG_20200224_190525.jpg
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

My first ever custom, from Isasmedjan :)

I'm looking very much forward to testing this beast, approximately 200mm, heel height 50mm

Wood for handle is mystery wood I inherited. Very flagrant and no one in Denmark has been able to identify it as of yet. The nordic runes say "Munin" one of Odins ravens. Munin roughly translates to "Memory" from old Nordic, I felt it appropriate due to the origins of the wood.

Jonas was a pleasure to work with, he is extremely service minded and I learned a lot on how to specify my needs and wants :=)

Last edited:
Haha no I mean how do you like it? Im buying a Tanaka as a gift for someone and I like the looks of the ebony/brass a lot more than the ebony/horn handles, so I was wondering how they fair.

I love it! Definitely really heavy but the Tanaka has a good weight to it that balances it all out. Feels nice and smooth and it looks great

View attachment 72403 View attachment 72404 View attachment 72405 View attachment 72406
View attachment 72403 View attachment 72404 View attachment 72405 View attachment 72406 View attachment 72407 View attachment 72408

My first ever custom, from Isasmedjan :)

I'm looking very much forward to testing this beast, approximately 200mm, heel height 50mm

Wood for handle is mystery wood I inherited. Very flagrant and no one in Denmark has been able to identify it as of yet. The nordic runes say "Munin" one of Odins ravens. Munin roughly translates to "Memory" from old Nordic, I felt it appropriate due to the origins of the wood.

Jonas was a pleasure to work with, he is extremely service minded and I learned a lot on how to specify my needs and wants :=)

Nice score

Hi everyone,

This is my collection.
1. Honyaki gyuto Shirogami #1 240mm from Suisin.
2. Honyaki chef knife W2 tool steel 240mm from Greg Cimms.
3. Honyaki gyuto Shirogami #3 240mm from Jikko.
4. Kiritsuke R2 steel 240mm from Jikko.
5. Gyuto 52100 steel 240mm from Wanchana.
6. Chef knife dual core damascus steel 8" from KAI Shun.
7. Chef knife SG2 161 layers 8 1/2" from KAI Shun.
8. Chef knife SG2 65 layers 8" from KAI Shun.
9. Petty VG1 steel 135mm from Sanjo.

https://ibb.co/FD1THY1
https://ibb.co/RQhKkRh

Last edited:

Welcome to the addiction LOL. The Blenheim folks always make knives that look beautiful to my eyes. Hope you enjoy it!

Hi everyone,

This is my collection.
1. Honyaki gyuto Shirogami #1 240mm from Suisin.
2. Honyaki chef knife W2 tool steel 240mm from Greg Cimm2.
3. Honyaki gyuto Shirogami #4 240mm from Jikko.
4. Kiritsuke R2 steel 240mm from Jikko.
5. Gyuto 52100 steel 240mm from Wanchana.
6. Chef knife dual core damascus steel 8" from KAI Shun.
7. Chef knife SG2 161 layers 8 1/2" from KAI Shun.
8. Chef knife SG2 65 layers 8" from KAI Shun.
9. Petty VG1 steel 135mm from Sanjo.

https://ibb.co/FD1THY1
https://ibb.co/RQhKkRh
Please share more pics of suisin honyaki and details!!

Lol, no. They cut entirely different.
The deal w Toyama is I just over spent on knives in a short period of time. The Toyama was an easy sell, and I offered to rebuy it from the purchaser if he’s not too into it.

Last edited:
I sent heiji an email about a 250 mm semi stainless with a height around 54 mm and a higher shinogi line but obviously I would leave it up to him where he thinks it should be. I gave him an idea of where I would like it and it sounded like he has gotten complaints from people who asked him to make knives like this that the knife becomes weak and bends lol. So he said it would have to be a 50 mm height. So I said if it can be 250/54 with a little bit thinner of a grind than normal I’m good with that. I put it in his hands. Never heard back from him haha. Probably just busy. Would love one in the future. That looks great man!

I sent heiji an email about a 250 mm semi stainless with a height around 54 mm and a higher shinogi line but obviously I would leave it up to him where he thinks it should be. I gave him an idea of where I would like it and it sounded like he has gotten complaints from people who asked him to make knives like this that the knife becomes weak and bends lol. So he said it would have to be a 50 mm height. So I said if it can be 250/54 with a little bit thinner of a grind than normal I’m good with that. I put it in his hands. Never heard back from him haha. Probably just busy. Would love one in the future. That looks great man!
It’s funny you mention it, there was a miscommunication somehow in our emails...when 6 monthes arrived I asked him if my knife was close and he responded that it was never made. He apologized and told me he would have it made ASAP. I think he cranked this one out for me in 5 weeks.

Back