Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This finally arrived.

Dalman Warikomi 210 “second”

220x 54
Spine at handle: 3.7mm
Half: 1.75mm
171 grams

I was expecting this thing to be way chunkier. It tapers quickly out the handle. I would consider at least mine to be a “Middleweight“ but to Me it feels light and super nimble. Core feels rock hard. Grind is crazy good as expected. Seems quite reactive but manageable. Did some potatoes and onions for breakfast and this thing smoked them.

there are a few spots on the knife that I think just look a little darker and one blem in the steel. (See photos)

View attachment 75097 View attachment 75098 View attachment 75099 View attachment 75100 View attachment 75101 View attachment 75102
I'm a fan of these collab knives, I think they're very pretty. How fast did you pull the trigger on it? I don't even think I saw the "seconds" in stock when they came up!

I'm a fan of these collab knives, I think they're very pretty. How fast did you pull the trigger on it? I don't even think I saw the "seconds" in stock when they came up!

the day these dropped was the first day I was out of work. He had posted something on his Instagram about them dropping this day. He dropped the 240 second before all the other and I would have gotten that but my zip on my card didn’t match my current address. The 240 was gone seconds later. I’m not proud of the fact that A TON of page refresh’s happened that day. I would say out of the two seconds, neither lasted longer than 5 seconds.

Reactions: dan
the day these dropped was the first day I was out of work. He had posted something on his Instagram about them dropping this day. He dropped the 240 second before all the other and I would have gotten that but my zip on my card didn’t match my current address. The 240 was gone seconds later. I’m not proud of the fact that A TON of page refresh’s happened that day. I would say out of the two seconds, neither lasted longer than 5 seconds.

Don't feel any shame, you got one! Those Dalmans sell out in seconds, I assume it's for a reason :) congrats

Kamadi!!! 225 x 53 gyuto, bulat core clad in wrought iron made from 1885 Russian rail tracks. Blade forged by a talented Russian maker, sharpened by Kasumi Kevin. Handle is Russian black hornbeam with reindeer ferrule by Graydon Decollibus.

Sooo thrilled to finally get my hands on this, KeMaDi a collaborative effort by Dirch, @preizzo, Kasumi Kev and Graydon.

I've only used the knife for a few meals so far, and it's pretty badass. The knife hands down the sharpest out of box I've had, Kev made it 'murder sharp.'

Bulat steel super tough, visually distinctive.

For this I chose their Sanjo-inspired profile. Very handsome, f&f superb, well performing knife. Love it so much I'm saving to get a suji from them!

Knife photographed on some Soviet propaganda I had on the bookshelf.

hOMl8ux.jpg

DTQUiJS.jpg

RbxsYPe.jpg

Ql33RZr.jpg

GXlghhe.jpg

Kamadi!!! 225 x 53 gyuto, bulat core clad in wrought iron made from 1885 Russian rail tracks. Blade forged by a talented Russian maker, sharpened by Kasumi Kevin. Handle is Russian black hornbeam with reindeer ferrule by Graydon Decollibus.

Sooo thrilled to finally get my hands on this, KeMaDi a collaborative effort by Dirch, @preizzo, Kasumi Kev and Graydon.

I've only used the knife for a few meals so far, and it's pretty badass. The knife hands down the sharpest out of box I've had, Kev made it 'murder sharp.'

For this I chose their Sanjo-inspired profile. Very handsome, f&f superb, well performing knife. Love it so much I'm saving to get a suji from them!

hOMl8ux.jpg

DTQUiJS.jpg

RbxsYPe.jpg

Ql33RZr.jpg

GXlghhe.jpg
Absolute next level. Can we get a choil shot. Whats the weight and taper like?

hOMl8ux.jpg

DTQUiJS.jpg

RbxsYPe.jpg

Ql33RZr.jpg

GXlghhe.jpg
What a catch there, enjoy :)

hOMl8ux.jpg

DTQUiJS.jpg

RbxsYPe.jpg

Ql33RZr.jpg

GXlghhe.jpg

REALLY like these. Need to get one

I don't believe they have a website. Contact through their IG "kemadiknives" is the way. You can prob message @preizzo on KKF, which I've not tried.
I'm quite interested in his knives for some time now. Did you just shoot him a message ? Also how much was it? Only following him, was hesitant to make any moves yet.

hOMl8ux.jpg

DTQUiJS.jpg

RbxsYPe.jpg

Ql33RZr.jpg

GXlghhe.jpg
YEAH!!!!!!

I'm quite interested in his knives for some time now. Did you just shoot him a message ? Also how much was it? Only following him, was hesitant to make any moves yet.
Just pop them a message on IG. Prices vary depending on steel, cladding type, etc. Reasonably priced IMO, win-win for me getting a knife with Kasumi Kev sharpening and Graydon handle.

hOMl8ux.jpg

DTQUiJS.jpg

RbxsYPe.jpg

Ql33RZr.jpg

GXlghhe.jpg
Hi! Look it so nice! How much is it?

You can put a stable patina on the Misono with hot vinegar. I put one on mine early on, and has been very stable for two years, slowly coming off and reforming as I work with produce.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. For now I'd rather let this happen "naturally", but I guess this is tiresome, and moreover some work over this grind will take away part of the patina. Good thing I have this in my pocket.

Misono 210 looks thick behind the edge, I am surprised to see that.

I wonder if the bigger 240 is better, I was thinking of getting a 240 & re-profile it down to 210, so I can have the dragon on my 210, & have it thinned while doing so.

@Benuser warned me about that. He was very precise to the particularities of the Misono. Helped me with a lot of things in the end. He mentioned (in my most probably clumsy paraphrase) an overly convex grind also exaggerating the shoulder at the edge and too polished. Couldn't be more right.

Love your pics ... great job.

Especially the one where you’re wearing a bandage. A clear sign that your knife loves you.

Thanks, although the bandage is on the knife holding hand, and has nothing to do with cutting, more with a severe case of eczema that gets to its worst when the weather is constantly going above and under freezing point. In Qc, Ca, this goes for about two months long somewhere between mid-end of February and mi-end of April. And then again for a good whole month somewhere mid-October and mid-November.

But you are absolutely right, on the other hand. The Zwilling, Misono, Victorinox, they've all drawn blood. Never when cutting - sometimes by mishandling carelessly in-between, often when caring for the knife and being particularly (and spectacularly) stupid. The Moritaka has yet to do that, but will surely take its toll next time I'm a dumbass. :cool:

I personally feel much better once a knife cuts me. Usually, will never happen afterwards for this particular knife. :rolleyes:

Edit: I was cut a lot when cutting. Mostly 10-30$ knives. THESE tend to make you realize there must be something you don't understand. Then you search for technique... practice... cut yourself on other cheap knives and learn the harsh, zigzag gashing wound way. Then you stumble on a forum like KKF and start buying overly expensive knives, not knowing what you're spending for, but finally somehow knowing not to cut yourself when actually cutting.

A couple of close miss though... phew!

I think that Moritaka looks very nice. Choil shots can be misleading, but if this one is true to the geometry, you have a very nice example. Some people want every knife to cut like a laser, but IMHO that is not what every knife is designed for.

Yes that's what I was trying to convey when saying the grind was pleasing on some way, but also a bit poor pratically. I don't have enough experience nor even use of a knife to need so many different profiles. My understanding thus far was that a Gyuto is supposed to be your all around knife. Then again, what is that? Buying western knives you don't have to care so much about things. J-Knives are another market entirely. Interesting and surprising. Not always satisfying, but also, more satisfying as a whole experience than buying western knives.

A couple of days after using the Moritaka but not obsessing over my first experience... I find myself missing it. Too much careless people around me to use my knives much, I keep the Victorinox Santoku around these days because I wouldn't care all that much if something was to happen to it. The other knives are stored away and taken out on good occasions. Hopefully, this situation will resolve before long, and I'll get back some control again over what happens anywhere near my kitchen.

Edit & TL;DR - This choil shot (Moritaka) is the most sophisticated of all four choil shots of my reviews. I should have said as much as my impressions - on the first day, when I managed to get this choil shot, I was truly amazed. The worrying came as I considered the other choil shots and realized, as well done as it is, that this particular grind was FAR away from three more or less similar grinds I had found pleasing. Then it squeaked halving onions and pure dismay ensued. Now settled with. If I'm honest to myself, many cuts with the beloved Zwilling are not as satisfying as with the Misono, the Victo, or the Moritaka. I need time and experience with these knives.

I also need other knives... no... yes... not needing... needing, ya know. Other knives. Thousands of them. Subvention of another bank account than any of mines...

I couldn’t agree more. That’s why I can’t even think in terms of “my favourite knife”. I see each one a reflection of the maker ... or designer in the case of factory knives ... view of what the knife should do and how it performs. The Wustoff Classic and Victorinox knives stamped from sheet steel have a proven place in the history of knives. I use both and at times in preference to their hand made counterparts. A big part of my pleasure from sharpening and collecting knives comes from trying to understand and appreciate what the maker intended. The qualification is that I’m an amateur in both sharpening and cooking. A Chef may have a very different view which is equally valid. To them the knife is a tool to be matched to their preferences. Differing perspectives and differing choices.

These are the lines along which I'm only beginning to gain in maturity.

@ModRQC ... Awesome writeup and great pictures ... thanks for the effort.

And thanks so much for all comments, truly appreciated! Be well everyone!

Last edited:
Oh well... because I'm so obsessed with knives, why not add these ones...

CG1.JPG

There are all four chef/gyutos concerned by my earlier reviews - as much of a straight pic as I could do with the eye... see last pic pls.

CG2.JPG

Because one wasn't enough - slanted view.

J-Knives.JPG

The "J-knives" I own... here let's make it clear that by J-knife I mean: made in Japan. Nothing else.

Victorinox.JPG

The other/Western knives I own. All Victorinox, four Rosewood units, one Fibrox unit. I also have a very old 12" butcher knife currently under restoration/reprofiling. Victorinox Fibrox/Rosewood are good, cheap knives.

Now here's an edit of the first pic: all four chef/gyuto I own, replaced by length from top to bottom, and edited so that all heels are about equal. Stupid me, should have used the lines of the board to align them, and display them by order of length, when taking the original pic. Still, pretty much an honest pic because...
Length.jpg

Blade length / Edge length / Height / Thickness (heel) / Thickness (tip) / Balance (Chin = 0) / Weight
In mm; all measures are first hand; balance (also in mm) is either forward the blade (+) or backward to the handle (-) where 0 was arbitrarily positioned to the chin as I find it to be a point anyone can easily relate to from the knives they have experience with - for example when comparing traditional Western handles vs. traditional Japanese handles if one never experienced the former or the latter.

Victorinox – Rosewood Chef – 250mm
255 / 255 / 54 / 2 / <1 / +40 / 196g

Moritaka – Aogami #2 Series Gyuto – 240mm
255 / 240 / 50 / 3 / 1 / +40 / 166g

Misono – Swedish Carbon Gyuto – 210mm
220 / 220 / 44 / 2 / 1 / -5 / 166g

Zwilling – Diplôme Chef – 200mm
210 / 200 / 46 / <2 / <1 / -25 / 199g

So the edited pic seems to fit the specs above just quite fine for what can be told from a mostly 2D pov that is about "flat".
Of course, love of specs will make me post these measurements once again, but the real deal here is what one needs to know about "difference of length" between 8 - 10" blades in "real time". Stepping from the Zwilling to the Victo is HUGE, stepping from one to the next blade (200-220-240-255) not so much but still easily noticeable and might mean even more depending on profile/personal preferences. Blade height pretty much straightforwardly goes from shortest/shallowest to longest/tallest. Any MMV but hoping this might help some more inexperienced contributors just like me to make up their minds for themselves about length vs other specs.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back