Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you're jealous at this stunning haul...
20200511_103116.jpg

Although there are Japanese knives specially made for boning it’s hard to beat the value in the Victorinox boning knife and tens of thousands of butchers can’t be all wrong. My expensive knives may have sharper edges but they are more prone to chipping than the Victorinox. Any time I‘m dealing with large cuts of meat that require boning or are frozen with bone and cartilage I’ll reach for a Victorinox or Wustoff. They’re easy to sharpen and very chip resistant. I wouldn’t call them “beaters”. They definitely have a place in my kitchen.

Yesterday I made tacos using trim from a beef tenderloin. To get a nice thin slice I popped the trim into the freezer for a bit. I guess it was a “bit” too long because when I pulled it out the tenderloin was closer to frozen than thawed. No way I was going to use one of my HRC 62+ knives to slice the tenderloin. Out came my 8” Victorinox and in short order I had a board full of sliced semi-frozen tenderloin for my tacos. The blade cut perfectly with nary a chip in sight!

Got this a few weeks ago! Used it a couple times at home. When I get back into the kitchen at work i’ll put it to work for a day. So far so good. I have to take better photos haha. My phone camera is horrific.View attachment 80102
Once you have had a chance to put it to use, I would be interested to hear how the handle feels. It's a beautiful knife!

a few new to the kitchen here:
Tanaka 225mm wide bevel gyuto, The Nine 235mm honyaki , Heldqvistmide 260mm gyuto
View attachment 80109
View attachment 80111
I would certainly love to have all 3 in my kitchen. I have a Y Tanaka already but the 9ine and heldqvistmide are high up on my list. Such sweet pieces I’d love to hear more about the performance on them. So beautiful.

Back