Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... i had to try this little Gyuto from Alfredsson Knives from his budget line 'soshap', such a cool little performer for that money. 200x50mm 1.2419@65rc Mono with burnt oak.
erkuq.jpg

f2j8f.jpg

Last edited:
Mona Lisa had 5 children... Iā€™ll bet she was at least a decent cutter.

Nice. Looks like a tall Gengetsu.

Maybe all knives are looking the same to me today. Sign of senility. Gotta go lie down.

It does look *suspiciously* like a gengetsu, doesn't it? Makes you wonder...šŸ¤”

Man that 270 denka is a beast! I think iā€™ll grab a 270 mab one day. Denka is way out of my price range lol!

Received this Masashi recently. So far it's been light and nimble and nothing but a joy. I can't say enough good things about it, really impressed by this maker.View attachment 81437
Nice. Looks like a tall Gengetsu.

Maybe all knives are looking the same to me today. Sign of senility. Gotta go lie down.

Damn, thought it was my Gengetsu at first. I can see the extra height, might even like it. Did like a Masashi SLD which was also tall.

OP - What's that puppy weigh?

Gengetsu7.jpg

Maybe you need a Gengetsu again? šŸ¤”

Could be. I had a 210, and would get a 240 if I was going to get another. The profile on the 210 wasnā€™t quite perfect for me. It was a little too flat for me (and my not-so-flat cutting boards) toward the heel, with a slightly too aggressive upswing near the tip. I tend to like super low tips and gentle curvature the whole way, for better or worse. The food separation was phenomenal though. One of the best cutters Iā€™ve handled for sure.

(I guess this profile issue could be fixed, but I just wanted to try more knives. The 210 was a bit light for me, too, and I wanted a bit more height.)

Could be. I had a 210, and would get a 240 if I was going to get another. The profile on the 210 wasnā€™t quite perfect for me. It was a little too flat for me (and my not-so-flat cutting boards) toward the heel, with a slightly too aggressive upswing near the tip. I tend to like super low tips and gentle curvature the whole way, for better or worse. The food separation was phenomenal though. One of the best cutters Iā€™ve handled for sure.

(I guess this profile issue could be fixed, but I just wanted to try more knives. The 210 was a bit light for me, too, and I wanted a bit more height.)
Oh, yeah. I like the profile myself. I get to use flat cutting boards also. The Ikazuchi profile sounds more like your style.

Oh, yeah. I like the profile myself. I get to use flat cutting boards also. The Ikazuchi profile sounds more like your style.

Ikazuchi seems like too much curve for me, actually. I guess Iā€™m just describing a KS profile. *shrug*

The Gengetsu profile was pretty sweet. Iā€™m just nitpicking, since, well, weā€™re on a whole forum about kitchen knives. :)

Back