Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more goodies came in today Yoshikazu Tanaka W1 240 gyuto and Metal Monkey 225x55 gyuto
4F578661-D136-488B-BBBA-277EB5BFA796.jpeg
DEFB8809-3999-4B0F-9A29-CBC24FAA2E2B.jpeg

I suppose what I am confused about is what set of criteria attract the members of KKF. I do understand there are differences in method between a Takeda knife from Japan and Joel's knife. I do come at all of this with an avid cook's perspective. I am learning a great deal about the genetic makeup of knives and sharpening stones from this wonderful site, but my appreciation for knives largely hinges on fit and finish, and performance in the kitchen. Joel's knife performs very well. Thoughts?
Post up some simple cutting vids, maybe on the carrot thread. I'd love to see how that CB works for one.
There's an orthodoxy. Doesn't mean there can't be some fresh air.

@milkbaby Yes, he gave it a "light acid etch to create a starter patina." Do you think that the main reason Joel's knives aren't commonly accepted here is because he uses some stock removal in his approach? I have knives from Nafzger Forge, Carter Cutlery, and Takeda. I love them all, but I also appreciate what Joel does. Just wondering.
I personally don't like the shape and ergonomics of Joel's knives.
But my opinion should not be important if the knife works for you. Enjoy it!

Hmmm, ok, I’ll think about it. Actually, the idea behind posting pictures of used knives was to deter people from making offers on my sweet stuff :dancingchicken:
You are never safe. Unfortunately/luckily I have too much stuff and coming. I really like my Birgersson/Dalman knife. Have to more heavily test the Kamon production knife. Haven't used my Mazaki yet. Doesn't help that I'm on Saucier.:upsidedownspin:

"Mazaki." murmurs the congregation, all holding a knife in their right hand and a whetstone in the other.

(Or what would be a preferred "Amen" analogue?)

Back