Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snagged the last nashiji Mazaki from CKC
IMG_6574.jpeg

IMG_6582.jpeg

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6576.jpeg

ive been wanting one of his knives for a little while now, and instantly im very happy with it. It is my first experience with a real workhorse grind- i especially enjoy the extra weight that it packs. Definitely excited to put it to more use

I got it from CKTG. I signed up their email notification for this knife and bought it when I saw the email notification.
[/QUOTE
So you were the one that bought from CKTG. I got the same email, but due to the time difference, I received it at 2am in the morning:( . Congrats, its definitely a keeper.

So you were the one that bought from CKTG. I got the same email, but due to the time difference, I received it at 2am in the morning:( . Congrats, its definitely a keeper.

Congrats on the Mazaki, have one from Carbon and it's outstanding. Their nashiji line of Mazaki is wonderful

Also there's come equipped with appropriately chunky handles given the weight of the knife. Great masaki experience

Speaking of ladies, I also like how she's got a triangle pointed at her head. This photo, it really gives us a lot of pointers on things to avoid 🙃

not to mention an utter lack of contrast and off colors...brrr, just hope it's a quick phone cam snapshot

An angel arrived at my door. What a beauty.

220x60 Halcyon Forge Amboyna Twist patterned welded from 1095 and 15n20 with a compound S-grind. The handle is made of exhibition grade Amboyna Burl and African Blackwood. Fit and finish is superb. The average HRC is 62/63 and weight is 209g.
I can't believe I am so lucky to own such a fabulous knife. One of the treasures in my collection.
20200918_231510.jpg
20200918_231542.jpg
20200918_231556.jpg
20200918_231628.jpg
20200918_231831.jpg

What a choil.

Lol I have a pitch black coffee table just for taking knife pics
Yeah, I have a sheet of black perspex for my lightbox actually, a white one as well, you can tell I hardly use it), but for most people, nothing so fancy is needed, just a solid colour piece of paper or the like ;)

An angel arrived at my door. What a beauty.

220x60 Halcyon Forge Amboyna Twist patterned welded from 1095 and 15n20 with a compound S-grind. The handle is made of exhibition grade Amboyna Burl and African Blackwood. Fit and finish is superb. The average HRC is 62/63 and weight is 209g.
I can't believe I am so lucky to own such a fabulous knife. One of the treasures in my collection.
View attachment 95159View attachment 95160View attachment 95161View attachment 95162View attachment 95163
What a choil.
Simply gorgeous. Congrats

looks like a JNS Toyama - I mean does anyone else carry Toyama?

toyama ❤represent

Sure is. I haven't seen any other vendors but I'd be curious to know too.

I almost bought this knife - he is sure getting traction on this forum

Very promising. I enjoy how he does everything start to finish on these... forge welding to sharpening on stones, etc. Haven't really used it yet but looking forward to it this weekend.

Probably 3 hours total. The first couple types of fingerstones I tried worked OK but little contrast so the pattern was very subtle. The third one gave the great contrast -almost like etching - and I did two polishes with it. Afterwards I lightly polished with sunshine cloth - it will buff the the patina off if you use too much pressure.

I just received this awesome unit I managed to score... very rare Hinoura father Kasumi Nakiri 180mm Red pakka yo handle. 1500$ CAD wasn't too expensive for this beauty.

IMG_6298.JPG

I actually intend to flip this one for 2000$ USD shipping on you. Just wanted to see upfront who was interested. Thanks!

I just received this awesome unit I managed to score... very rare Hinoura father Kasumi Nakiri 180mm Red pakka yo handle. 1500$ CAD wasn't too expensive for this beauty.

View attachment 95298

I actually intend to flip this one for 2000$ USD shipping on you. Just wanted to see upfront who was interested. Thanks!
I had no idea the Canadian dollar had taken such a hard hit x.x
Edit: Oh I see you put USD also - sad the world economy has inflated 200,000%

View attachment 95298

I think i saw one of those at TJ Max.

View attachment 95298

Maybe ma_sha1 might buy it to modify into a gyuto.

View attachment 95298

A unicorn's unicorn

Back