Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This post is like a declaration of war. Congrats man, at least one person in this thread is happy!

I laughed out loud at this. I'm actually two for two on my latest tries to get a Dalman now. The latest was the filet knife, but I think he sold two of them.

There are some athletic feats that stand out in history - Powell’s long jump and Zlatan’s bicycle kick come to mind. I achieved almost the same legendary status recently, using cat-like reflexes to snag the only knife put on sale by the Swedish knife genius.

Dalman 270 Yo-Gyuto HSS1.

View attachment 98740
This one is so my thing!!!

This one is so my thing!!!

The steel and grinds are awesome. Not in my budget, and kind of tight on my knife blocks, but I can only give my warmest recommendations for these HSS1 s-grinds that Dalman is currently making.

The one drawback I notices with this knife is that it’s hard to do tip work. I cut up some onions, and the length of the knife forced my elbow far back. Almost like shooting from my hip, if you get the picture.

Kagekiyo 330mm W1 yanagiba (not a fan of the red handle but excellent overall fit and finish, great slicer)
Wat 240mm iron clad suji
Wat 210mm iron clad suji
Wat 150 iron clad honesuki (little birds need love too)
250 Kemadi bulat (untouched, gonna get a good workout this week though)
Hardt Edge Slim XL (functional, solid build, sexy design)

View attachment 98381
View attachment 98387

Man, great knives. But that bag, I need to get on of these. I’ve been eye humping the heck out of this one and the canvas slim.

Tanaka vintage swedish steel KU
Super excited!!

Attachments

• 9AE4EC62-EE30-4B91-89C5-ADC2C7548C95.jpeg
    9AE4EC62-EE30-4B91-89C5-ADC2C7548C95.jpeg
    62 KB · Views: 71
I got this honyaki 2 weeks ago from K&S - I used a bit today (sweet experience) snd then when I washed it snd wiped it with a cloth, the knife looked really different - it was shining snd gleaming, better than before - look at pics below -

does anyone m ow how I should take care of my honyaki? Is there a need to polish, if so how, and how do I sharpen this thing!

BD06F1D6-B522-45BA-95F2-CFBCDF229C55.jpeg
BD06F1D6-B522-45BA-95F2-CFBCDF229C55.jpeg

Latest posts

Back