Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FTFY

WOOHOO
Not that biased really. I asked for a 70/30 grind but it doesn’t feel much different than other 50/50 blades I own. It’s stupendous so far.
FD3D4850-3665-41B7-B3BE-3B1FD8CB4BDE.jpeg

I have one from K&S doe the Honyaki - it does not leave any scratches - has that soft close kind of feel
Cotton pads, camelia oil, white gloves, a special pillow where it can rest - and within time, a part time butler would probably be good.
I just like to use a good ceramic plate for mine. Watch some youtube videos of Ricky he'll show you how to do it.

Finally got some better lighting. Here's the nakiri fam - Heiji 180, Wat Special White 180, Shig 165

ugTCQVxl.jpg

I didn't realize how *not short* 165mm is for a nakiri. I guess I'm so used to the 240mm vs 210mm gyuto difference that I thought the Shig would be a nakiri for dwarves.

It's pretty hefty, weighing in at 192g vs 177g for the Wat and 223g for the Heiji.

Here's a bunch of choil shots - Wat, Heiji, Shig

e8ZBiiIl.jpg

The saya is very, very nice. I wonder if it's a saya from Shig, Hitohira, or Bernal.

qPPfmR5l.jpg

And finally, it is a reactive little guy. This is the patina after 1 small onion, 3 tiny carrots, and 6 mushrooms.

KWcsdmdl.jpg

That’s a dream bag right there. I really need something smaller than what I have now. Gotta hit your site soon man. I thought the 18 slot ultimate edge bag would be great but I always reach for something smaller that holds 6 or so.

That’s a dream bag right there. I really need something smaller than what I have now. Gotta hit your site soon man. I thought the 18 slot ultimate edge bag would be great but I always reach for something smaller that holds 6 or so.
Lots of options now. And lengths. Thanks to @lumo 😂

This one arrived today
58 mm heel height
240 mm blade length
285 gm

It’s one of the Shinichi specials - W2 iron clad KU with Damascus edge. A first time trial for Shinichi - I am sure he nailed it! I like how he experiments and makes new creations every so often

My first Watanabe Gyuto! Look forward to trying it learning more about why people rave about his knives cutting ability

It will be interesting to compare to my Toyama’s but at first glance and hand-feel, - it’s a completely different knife

CFDE4582-39A7-4984-A308-1FE55503D891.jpeg
4BF2B4FA-1859-4297-9E37-4A36A8E4C4AD.jpeg
04168133-8373-4AB2-91E7-815E8348CB51.jpeg
44374007-733B-4F38-A094-4CEDF2D6AE2A.jpeg

This one arrived today
58 mm heel height
240 mm blade length
285 gm

It’s one of the Shinichi specials - W2 iron clad KU with Damascus edge. A first time trial for Shinichi - I am sure he nailed it! I like how he experiments and makes new creations every so often

My first Watanabe Gyuto! Look forward to trying it learning more about why people rave about his knives cutting ability

It will be interesting to compare to my Toyama’s but at first glance and hand-feel, - it’s a completely different knife

View attachment 99475View attachment 99476View attachment 99477View attachment 99478

Ohhhhh that's a nice one!

This one arrived today
58 mm heel height
240 mm blade length
285 gm

View attachment 99475View attachment 99476View attachment 99477View attachment 99478
pretty knife, but that choil shot looks awful, that's not what his regular pro line looks like. yours is a wide bevel

Back