Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really liking Ben's new handle, very comfortable.

View attachment 100529
So do I:
39737555pq.jpeg

@KAMON Knives

I’ve said it before, I can see myself having only Kamon knives!

New custom handle by Graydon Decollibus makes it feel like a brand new Shig! Stoked by everything about the handle—koa with African blackwood spacer and reindeer cap. Was going for a handle that visually referenced traditional Hawaiian fish hooks and weapons (koa clubs studded with shark's teeth etc.).

A88B7862-4B02-46C6-8F9D-6F79D8415513.jpeg

4CCDC221-9113-4DFA-BB12-F4371CCF20F4.jpeg

New custom handle by Graydon Decollibus makes it feel like a brand new Shig! Stoked by everything about the handle—koa with African blackwood spacer and reindeer cap. Was going for a handle that visually referenced traditional Hawaiian fish hooks and weapons (koa clubs studded with shark's teeth etc.).

View attachment 100533
View attachment 100534
What, the pink Hello Shiggy handle didn't appeal? Shocked.

A Keijiro Doi 240mm Dragon Yanagiba. Truly an unicorn🦄.

View attachment 100366

View attachment 100368🦄

true unicorn - is it a Unicorn or an Unicorn - an

This knife is da bomb! 270 mm of artisanal craftsmanship- this may well be the knife that started a whole separate thread about frustration in ordering😀😀😀

So...it’s not a Denka?
My Denka is taking longer than expected so I just sprang for this when I got the opportunity.
Its a Morihei Hisamoto W#1 SS cladding and Fine Finish. Question is was this a NOS knife or are Morihei offering the FF again.
It’s most likely NOS now. I know of another still available. So if anyone wants one without playing the gamble do snatch it up fast!

My Denka is taking longer than expected so I just sprang for this when I got the opportunity.

It’s most likely NOS now. I know of another still available. So if anyone wants one without playing the gamble do snatch it up fast!
Ai? That one?

View attachment 100533
View attachment 100534
Ai chihuahua! Incredible!

So I finally pulled the trigger on a TF. Guess this is a better option to try one without worrying about the grind variations.

Put a uchigumori finish on it, clearly even the "fine" finish still needs some extra work on the stone.

IMG_4395.jpg

IMG_4397.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

The knife still has a modest appearance, but, once held it in hand, you know this is something special.
It's a rather thin knife, but feels really dense, I mean really. Never experienced something like this, looks so rough but the tactile feeling tells you that this is a serious deal.
What feels even better is on the board - a happy chopper, great balance and bounces back immediately (also good for push cutting). Given the thin grind, it flies through produces. Although a tad thicker for carrots and celeries than some of my other knives, the weight makes it better for chopping softer vegetables.
Did a quick caliper measurement, the geometry is not far from my ideal, which is hard to believe just by looking at images.

So, am I considered to be converted now? Anyway, I can definitely see myself having a Denka in the future, when my elbow grease grows back...

Last edited:
So I finally pulled the trigger on a TF. Guess this is a better option to try one without worrying about the grind variations.

Put a uchigumori finish on it, clearly even the "fine" finish still needs some extra work on the stone.

View attachment 100709
View attachment 100710
View attachment 100708

The knife still has a modest appearance, but, once held it in hand, you know this is something special.
It's a rather thin knife, but feels really dense, I mean really. Never experienced something like this, looks so rough but the tactile feeling tells you that this is a serious deal.
What feels even better is on the board - a happy chopper, great balance and bounces back immediately (also good for push cutting). Given the thin grind, it flies through produces. Although a tad thicker for carrots and celeries than some of my other knives, the weight makes it better for chopping softer vegetables.
Did a quick caliper measurement, the geometry is not far from my ideal, which is hard to believe just by looking at images.

So, am I considered to be converted now? Anyway, I can definitely see myself having a Denka in the future, when my elbow grease grows back...
Nice one! Where did you get yours? These fine finish knives are popping up again, I also located another and got someone here to get it.

Back