Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Milan Gravier 195x49mm

20201029_170030.jpg

Now you can say "Denka is better" and we'll get our denkas.

but how come it looks just like a Denka but is made by Morihei. Not TF. Is this like having a Denka duplicate where this is a Denka wannabe? Or is this a stand-alone knife in its own

but how come it looks just like a Denka but is made by Morihei. Not TF. Is this like having a Denka duplicate where this is a Denka wannabe? Or is this a stand-alone knife in its own

Morihei is a distributor, not a forge. The Hisamoto knives are made by TF on commission for Morihei--they're basically Mabs, but Morihei does the final finish and sells them under their own brand.

I see, as @ExistentialHero said, the knife is finished by Morihei and thus rebranded. By the way you aware that the core is shirogami 1 instead of super blue right? Closer to Maboroshi rather than Denka. Still pretty good though.
Yes - stainless clad white 1. It is definitely a different knife - and the main point as you say, it’s a Mab and perhaps with better fit and finish. I don’t have a western handle in my collection - so this is also part of the appeal. But the price is far better than a TF Mab - so it’s definitely a good deal. I will compare it side by side with the Denka after I receive it maybe tomorrow or Monday

knife is finished by Morihei and thus rebranded..
If the blade isn't Fine Finish I don't think they do anything. TF delivers them with kanji pre-stamped. And TF will give any of their blades the same Nihonto finish for a little extra cost.

Reactions: JDC
It’s Fine Finish and it costs more than the non-FF
I am now more intrigued and looking forward to this one

it’s definitely different than the Denka and well made - more I learn, more I like😊

It’s Fine Finish and it costs more than the non-FF
I am now more intrigued and looking forward to this one

it’s definitely different than the Denka and well made - more I learn, more I like😊
Yes a $75 differential. Well worth it IMO as it minimizes wonky blade roads and putting a kasumi on SS is a PITA

Curious on how to order direct with nihonto finish, and will that be low spot free or still need some work?
You can only get the “nihonto” finish on their iron clad knives. They could do it on stainless, but highly discourage it.

Reactions: JDC
Back