Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha not sure what's happening with these emojis. I did contact you @preizzo and you were extremely helpful and nice. Told me you dont do the sales for the US and that I needed to contact him. I wanted to try out the bulat and also am more then happy to support someone who makes positive contributions to the forum. Unfortunately the kemadi IG was a bit of a weird interaction. Like others said before, it was too much work to put in for a paying customer.

Last edited:
E89BB8B5-D040-4378-A3C3-4C1684616BF7.jpeg

After languishing unused in my collection for a year I finally pulled out my Antzenberger Honyaki Gyuto out for some time in the sun. I’m at least the third owner of this wonderful workhorse but I don’t believe it has ever been used until now. The knife came to me via naknecker and BST. It’s forged from 125SC steel and is reportedly oil quenched. It has a blade length of 274mm, edge length 263mm and a height at the heel of 56mm. The blade tapers from 4.07mm at the heel to 2.55mm an inch from the tip. The knife weighs in at a healthy 274gms. Here’s a few pics ...

77D011C4-F1F0-4AC0-B525-8A8157C23202.jpeg

AB56C9C1-2F87-4B5F-A737-50B82E1E32A9.jpeg

00D51A0F-B082-44E2-B813-A3DDD71B8EBB.jpeg

20CFAC90-7B5A-41B7-AC54-6E09BD819E67.jpeg

3A578008-A306-45C7-875A-97C182D62603.jpeg

I put the workhorse to work prepping a family meal on Sunday ... A few more pics ...

CF1A462D-9276-4A5C-8111-C8866047AB26.jpeg

7606EACB-7A04-4AF3-8E7B-BA745C53D17E.jpeg

3CA19338-DAE3-4A5E-A5D1-6B0EFABBBEFC.jpeg

In all a wonderful knife, terrific f&f and a permanent resident in my collection.

View attachment 110561

After languishing unused in my collection for a year I finally pulled out my Antzenberger Honyaki Gyuto out for some time in the sun. I’m at least the third owner of this wonderful workhorse but I don’t believe it has ever been used until now. The knife came to me via naknecker and BST. It’s forged from 125SC steel and is reportedly oil quenched. It has a blade length of 274mm, edge length 263mm and a height at the heel of 56mm. The blade tapers from 4.07mm at the heel to 2.55mm an inch from the tip. The knife weighs in at a healthy 274gms. Here’s a few pics ...

View attachment 110569

View attachment 110568

View attachment 110570

View attachment 110571

View attachment 110572

I put the workhorse to work prepping a family meal on Sunday ... A few more pics ...

View attachment 110574

View attachment 110575

View attachment 110576

In all a wonderful knife, terrific f&f and a permanent resident in my collection.
I have basically the same knife all the way to the saya,everything is perfect. I concur definitely a permanent resident. Banding gets more dramatic the more patina comes in. Sweet knife

Got the Takamura R2 migaki 210 gyuto. Absolute laser!
Just put a 14-15 degree microbevel to it on a 3k shapton glass to not chip it and then stropped it. Looking forward to start using it tomorrow!

Attachments

• 20210119_172010.jpg
    20210119_172010.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210119_172002.jpg
    20210119_172002.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20210119_171957.jpg
    20210119_171957.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Got the Takamura R2 migaki 210 gyuto. Absolute laser!
Just put a 14-15 degree microbevel to it on a 3k shapton glass to not chip it and then stropped it. Looking forward to start using it tomorrow!
One of the most underrated knives in the game. Have fun!

Takamura is awesome! It is a true pleasure to use. So thin it doesn't really visits the stones. F.Dick multicut steel and strop alone kept it running for almost 5 month before the first full cycle, and I use my knives a lot. If only it had a bit beefier handle it was perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_20200929_193704.jpg
    IMG_20200929_193704.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 56
I also have a Takamura 210mm and it's always in rotation. I've had it for about 6 months also and it has not seen anything other than a ceramic steel and a loaded strop. I also agree that a little larger handle would help but it is very nimble as is.

Add another one to the list of trying to buy a kemadi twice 😂. I must say though, when I spoke to preizzo, like always, he was responsive and awesome. Unfortunately I’m in the states so was sent to kev. He made me feel like I was bothering him trying to buy a knife 😂. So I decided to pass. Just asked general questions. Not sure what happened. Tried twice. Same deal. Glad i’m not the only one. I’m not going to beg anyone to take my money. That’s kind of silly.

Add another one to the list of trying to buy a kemadi twice 😂. I must say though, when I spoke to preizzo, like always, he was responsive and awesome. Unfortunately I’m in the states so was sent to kev. He made me feel like I was bothering him trying to buy a knife 😂. So I decided to pass. Just asked general questions. Not sure what happened. Tried twice. Same deal. Glad i’m not the only one. I’m not going to beg anyone to take my money. That’s kind of silly.

Yeah that sounds weak sauce. I guess that kills my interest

O M G..... I have never felt anything like that, just flying through the mirepoix. I'm not in tears, but almost... of joy. I need to get another one!
Never thought it could be such a difference of half a mm in thickness....

I'm gobsmacked of pure happiness and joy right now.

Yeah to be quite frank, Kemadi is being held back by having Kev do USA sales. It’s the reason I haven’t bought another one from him and had to go second hand. Because dealing with him was such a pain that as much as I liked the knife and want another, it’s not worth dealing with him again....or attempting to buy a knife again that is

a shame because that steel is wonderful and has retention for days along with being very mildly reactive

Honestly second hand is the way to go on these, it’s a shame but being the initial buyer is no fun if you manage to buy one

Honestly second hand is the way to go on these, it’s a shame but being the initial buyer is no fun if you manage to buy one

It is a shame because the steel itself is quite good for beating on assuming you don't get them overly thin at the edge. it stays toothy like a saw and that's partly likely because of the structure of the steel with maybe massively huge carbides or rough grain - kind of like r2? But the downside is that when you give it overly thin edge geometry they tend to disintegrate by itself and that's from handling two in person. Assuming you keep them just meaty enough right at and behind the edge they can be very good daily beaters in a pro kitchen once you sand off all that etch finish since it tends to be quite sticky with that finish still on it. My fairly unbiased feedback of them despite now being hounded and harassed by them (especially matteo) since I sold mine lol. Take it for what its worth.

It is a shame because the steel itself is quite good for beating on assuming you don't get them overly thin at the edge. it stays toothy like a saw and that's partly likely because of the structure of the steel with maybe massively huge carbides or rough grain - kind of like r2? But the downside is that when you give it overly thin edge geometry they tend to disintegrate by itself and that's from handling two in person. Assuming you keep them just meaty enough right at and behind the edge they can be very good daily beaters in a pro kitchen once you sand off all that etch finish since it tends to be quite sticky with that finish still on it. My fairly unbiased feedback of them despite now being hounded and harassed by them (especially matteo) since I sold mine lol. Take it for what its worth.

Bravo lycky ,you are always the best
I really hope someday to become like you 🤣🤣so honest and humble,a very good human being 😂😂✊💦💦💦

Guys, this nice long thread is about knives you bought (or got donated ;) ), but not about the ones you decided not to buy (for whatever reason)
They're talking about ones they wanted to buy, but, the lucky ones got ignored. The unlucky ones got harassed for asking how to buy one after being ignored by the seller.

Meanwhile the European vendor has liquid squirting from his hand? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Back