Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha that’s what I thought about the SLD Dammy Gyuto I got. I swear I have been looking for years. Every time I’m ready to buy (@EE, Bernal) no one has it. This time it was just sitting there and waiting for my money.

There're a lot of fashionable, sought after makers, who's knives sell out in a second, many worth the chase. However, there's a real joy of buying a gem that's just been languishing away on the shelf in plain sight.

237A8245-BC0F-4EA6-AD02-21FA39F18C38.jpeg
8B40AD88-BCBF-4157-84BB-7ADE37D51FA0.jpeg
0A538A86-F8C4-48B4-A926-1E94EDBF446F.jpeg

Not a new knife, but just to add some Yoshi love.

Picked up this stunning 240mm Hitohira Togashi honyaki gyuto in shirogami 1 from @preizzo on BTS. The buy was easy: Matteo is perfect to deal with. Once the Swedish and French posts decided to work, it finally arrived.

Original BST thread

Photos of the knife before use: the polish, fit and finish are off the charts. The grind is quite thin (185g with handle installed for a 240mm), but with good, perfectly smooth convexity on both faces of the blade. 52mm high at the heel, the edge is 230mm long.

Togashi side before use.jpg

Togashi choil.jpg
Togashi spine.jpg

And because no knives are drawer/wall queens at my house, it was used immediately (well, once I'd installed the handle, which had been removed for polishing). It glides through everything. Cutting performance is exceptional. Food release on the things I prepared was completely fluid. Feel in the hand and on the board are incredible. This is a work of art and cuts like one.

Here's what it looks like after a prep of onions, tomatoes, potatoes and herbs.

Togashi side after use.jpg

I love it, my first honyaki.

Picked up this stunning 240mm Hitohira Togashi honyaki gyuto in shirogami 1 from @preizzo on BTS. The buy was easy: Matteo is perfect to deal with. Once the Swedish and French posts decided to work, it finally arrived.

Original BST thread

Photos of the knife before use: the polish, fit and finish are off the charts. The grind is quite thin (185g with handle installed for a 240mm), but with good, perfectly smooth convexity on both faces of the blade. 52mm high at the heel, the edge is 230mm long.

View attachment 116474

View attachment 116475 View attachment 116476

And because no knives are drawer/wall queens at my house, it was used immediately (well, once I'd installed the handle, which had been removed for polishing). It glides through everything. Cutting performance is exceptional. Food release on the things I prepared was completely fluid. Feel in the hand and on the board are incredible. This is a work of art and cuts like one.

View attachment 116477

Happy you use it and happy to see it used ,Darmian is a very good pro when comes to poolish blades

Original BST thread

View attachment 116474

View attachment 116475 View attachment 116476

View attachment 116477

Yea that blade is insanely nice.

The deba I got is my only dammy, think I'm a convert now. Gorgeous Yoshi you got.
Yeah, still pretty despite my first edition Iphone SE's crappy camera. Good luck with the hunt, they're rarer birds than most.
Heard that they don't make them anymore?
Don't think so. iIt's 5+ years old. Survived farm life too, although its slowly dying on me as buttons stop working. Probably need to to replace it, but I kinda hate buying new tech while the old stuff is still breathing.

I was really confused for a minute, but now I'm just disappointed that Yoshi damascus doesn't have buttons, which would have been awesome.

I was really confused for a minute, but now I'm just disappointed that Yoshi damascus doesn't have buttons, which would have been awesome.

Haha. Wow. I was quite busy at work today apparently, totally missed that.

But in answer to the real question, I don't know about whether new Yoshi damascus are stil being made. Old Iphone SE are definitely not. All bases covered.

Haha. Wow. I was quite busy at work today apparently, totally missed that.

But in answer to the real question, I don't know about whether new Yoshi damascus are stil being made. Old Iphone SE are definitely not. All bases covered.
Nothing wrong with an oldy but goody iPhone SE. Been using one for the past 5 years. The form factor is perfect. Glad to see Apple finally acknowledging that fact with their new 5G iPhone12 mini

A 180mm Bunka arrived today. It's a JCK Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan white #1 series - it's no secret that TF is the OEM supplier of this line. It's basically a TF Nashiji with decent pakka wood scales.
0302FKRZbnk3.jpg

0302FKRZbnk2.jpg

I have a petty from this line and love it. Shipping from JCK was 2 days to Mesa, Arizona USA!

May I know where did you get the knife? Handle looks nice. 😍😍
I found it, v2 steel, HRC 63 edge retention must be nice. haven't try v2 steel before, the choil shoot looks quite thin compare with my hide deba blue one steel.

Attachments

• IMG_20210303_131805.jpg
    IMG_20210303_131805.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20210303_135111.jpg
    IMG_20210303_135111.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210303_131718.jpg
    IMG_20210303_131718.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20210303_131649.jpg
    IMG_20210303_131649.jpg