Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The latest one…
A78EA26B-2C2B-4279-BE2C-EB370D55A197.jpeg

No.2 in the series of new knives with amusing, oversized vegetables: Wat Pro 210 with tromboncino
B4ED4EBC-B09E-4A03-9239-C5C66118CBA9.jpeg

D4937617-A4C2-4ECA-89E4-F2A089AC7EA2.jpeg

Picked up on BST as part of another deal on a whim. Wanted to re-try a Watoyoma after an inconclusive trial over a decade ago. Back then I didn‘t really like the hefty, badly maintained 270 with awful custom handle that someone was keen to ingratiate me with. But I’m big enough to admit that I didn’t really give it a fair go.- the bloke who lent it to me was a massive bellend who worked in music PR and wore boating shoes ffs - and inclined to think that all the praise for Wats on KKF had to have more merit than my irrational hatred for inappropriate moccasins,

Glad I did - the thing’s a bit of a revelation that I’ve taken to like a duck to water, There’s just something very right about the way it feels in (my) hand and cuts, so much so that there‘s been virtually no adaptation period or feeling of tentativeness. Even the reservations over the short 210 length and snubby Santoku-like profile were immediately dispelled in use. Definite keeper

No.2 in the series of new knives with amusing, oversized vegetables: Wat Pro 210 with tromboncino
View attachment 142809
View attachment 142810

Picked up on BST as part of another deal on a whim. Wanted to re-try a Watoyoma after an inconclusive trial over a decade ago. Back then I didn‘t really like the hefty, badly maintained 270 with awful custom handle that someone was keen to ingratiate me with. But I’m big enough to admit that I didn’t really give it a fair go.- the bloke who lent it to me was a massive bellend who worked in music PR and wore boating shoes ffs - and inclined to think that all the praise for Wats on KKF had to have more merit than my irrational hatred for inappropriate moccasins,

Glad I did - the thing’s a bit of a revelation that I’ve taken to like a duck to water, There’s just something very right about the way it feels in (my) hand and cuts, so much so that there‘s been virtually no adaptation period or feeling of tentativeness. Even the reservations over the short 210 length and snubby Santoku-like profile were immediately dispelled in use. Definite keeper

Pretty. You know what would look great in this series? A knife with a hazardous-material-grade fluorescent purple handle posed with a purple vegetable like an eggplant grown in Chernobyl. If only you had such an object of desire 🤣

Pretty. You know what would look great in this series? A knife with a hazardous-material-grade fluorescent purple handle posed with a purple vegetable like an eggplant grown in Chernobyl. If only you had such an object of desire 🤣

I still feel a little dirty after purchasing that knife last night, my principles and horror at a resined purple pelmet of a handle dissolving at the sight of a very cheap price. I told you I was genuinely curious to try Myojin‘s output, but I’m not sure the cost was worth it.

Anyhow, challenge accepted. I need to face this grotesque stick of purple snot head on. I’ll keep an eye on the tracking and, at the appropriate time. will skewer out my retinas in preparation

Hang on, not sure why you’re laughing it up. Didn’t you crack first and buy one of the technicolour horrors first? Enabler share my shame!

Anyhow I’m not even sure that the twisted purple glowstick that promises to arrive on the end of my knife was even the worst., That red and green one was a particular horror - I’m not sure why the designer had the concept of ‘parrot’s ringpiece’ in mind, but bloody hell he spectacularly succeeded.

I've picked the 240 with blue handle. not a fan of this style but I'm more concern about the feel of that resin.

New code for homebutcher - goamerica (american makers only) 25% off

I still feel a little dirty after purchasing that knife last night, my principles and horror at a resined purple pelmet of a handle dissolving at the sight of a very cheap price. I told you I was genuinely curious to try Myojin‘s output, but I’m not sure the cost was worth it.

Anyhow, challenge accepted. I need to face this grotesque stick of purple snot head on. I’ll keep an eye on the tracking and, at the appropriate time. will skewer out my retinas in preparation
What's not to like about glow handles 😁. But if the glow hurts your eyes, I can make a real boring blackish handle for you free of charge.

What's not to like about glow handles 😁. But if the glow hurts your eyes, I can make a real boring blackish handle for you free of charge.

That’s a kind offer, which I may well take you up on. I’m a little worried about the inbetween stage - this thing effectively needs to compete for a slot before I know it‘s worth keeping, before which I’m unlikely to invest time in the handle upgrade

Which probably means that I’ll only be trialling this blade out in the early hours of the morning, away from prying eyes and the burning shame. I have an appropriate brown paper bag ready, poised to wrap things away
🥲

That’s a kind offer, which I may well take you up on. I’m a little worried about the inbetween stage - this thing effectively needs to compete for a slot before I know it‘s worth keeping, before which I’m unlikely to invest time in the handle upgrade

Which probably means that I’ll only be trialling this blade out in the early hours of the morning, away from prying eyes and the burning shame. I have an appropriate brown paper bag ready, poised to wrap things away
🥲
Your electricity bill will thank you if it gets the spot

Hang on, not sure why you’re laughing it up. Didn’t you crack first and buy one of the technicolour horrors first? Enabler share my shame!

Anyhow I’m not even sure that the twisted purple glowstick that promises to arrive on the end of my knife was even the worst., That red and green one was a particular horror - I’m not sure why the designer had the concept of ‘parrot’s ringpiece’ in mind, but bloody hell he spectacularly succeeded.
I’ll be posting mine with color-matched bananas and raspberries 👍

There were a couple of those handles that I actually liked, but clearly others agreed as they got all snapped up first.

I’ve had this one for a little while but I needed to finish a light cleanup on it. After owning a damascus version of the same knife, I really wanted one with chiseled kanji instead of the currently available laser etched kanji. I picked this one up off eBay, polished the spine and choil, cleaned up some mild scratches with rust eraser and rehandled with a K&S blond horned ebony. Better than new.
6F7A99B1-4B30-4646-BD26-6D7B50F5DB64.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve had this one for a little while but I needed to finish a light cleanup on it. After owning a damascus version of the same knife, I really wanted one with chiseled kanji instead of the currently available laser etched kanji. I picked this one up off eBay, polished the spine and choil, cleaned up some mild scratches with rust eraser and rehandled with a K&S blond horned ebony. Better than new. View attachment 142891
takayuki ginsan?

I’ve had this one for a little while but I needed to finish a light cleanup on it. After owning a damascus version of the same knife, I really wanted one with chiseled kanji instead of the currently available laser etched kanji. I picked this one up off eBay, polished the spine and choil, cleaned up some mild scratches with rust eraser and rehandled with a K&S blond horned ebony. Better than new. View attachment 142891
What is it?

I was so pleased with the recent Akifusa 135mm petty in AS that I picked up, I decided it needed a little brother. Coming in at 80mm, little bro. He doesn't have that really cool patina below the shinogi line like big bro does, but that appeared on the 135mm after just a few uses, so...
akifusa-bros.jpg

I like that. Same handle that originally came on mine. It seems that the scratch pattern changed at some point from horizontal to vertical or the other way around. Nice looking knife!

have it for a around a year and only used it once. basically I'm not a fan on the 230*49 but the f&f and grind is outstanding

Back