Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I had this in my cart and couldn’t pull the trigger. Buyers remorse is definitely a thing but no one talks about buyers regret, haha.

Fantastic pickup man.
Im pretty surprised to hear all the people say they couldn’t go through with it.

Granted, they may of never really had a shot as only one person would be able to buy. It truly took me about 20 seconds to order from start to finish. Autofill was pretty spectacular.

Try to buy, ask questions later. The true KKF way 😅

Im pretty surprised to hear all the people say they couldn’t go through with it.

Granted, they may of never really had a shot as only one person would be able to buy. It truly took me about 20 seconds to order from start to finish. Autofill was pretty spectacular.

Such a nice catch considering if you’re not on Yanick’s waiting list getting a regular Gyuto is really tough. For this to be a kiritsuke that, at least to me, he doesn’t really do much at all is a really impressive grab!

I think I may have gotten the brother to your knife, based off of the handle alone.
7884F6B6-39FA-4DCC-A8D7-D6F1A0BBF191.png

Isasmedjan 200 x 97 mm honyaki cleaver in oil quenched 26c3 with ironwood handle and brass bolster - picked up from Piercingknives.

Beautiful simple aestethic and wild hamon. Fit & finish is outstanding. Grind looks really nice but knife needs sharpening before being able to assess performance.

AE37EC14-4401-4011-B512-584B5B5123C9.jpeg

C3A7946B-B57F-4F40-84C8-4020854548E9.jpeg

Isasmedjan 200 x 97 mm honyaki cleaver in oil quenched 26c3 with ironwood handle and brass bolster - picked up from Piercingknives.

Beautiful simple aestethic and wild hamon. Fit & finish is outstanding. Grind looks really nice but knife needs sharpening before being able to assess performance.

View attachment 221823
View attachment 221824
really nice

Milan Deep Etch dirty wrought iron cladding over 135Cr3. Oval handle in african blackwood with a bronze ferrule. Milan made a burnt walnut saya to go with the blade.

Length heel to tip: 230mm
Height at heel: 59mm
Weight: 294g

View attachment 218584View attachment 218581View attachment 218580View attachment 218578View attachment 218579View attachment 218582View attachment 218583View attachment 218576View attachment 218577View attachment 218585
That particular blade lives in my head rent free. Love his deep etched wrought stuff, and this one has such insane character in the wrought

Merion Forge 265mm x 62mm 335g in 1.2842 with wrought iron cladding that I got from @Alder26. It arrived right before I started cooking dinner last night, and I didn’t take any pictures before I used it, so it has some patina on it. I might give it a light thinning and try my best to give it a good polish. I have never had a workhorse knife that is this heavy, and I think that it complements my Sakai Kikumori Gokujyo 270mm gyuto that is much thinner/lighter.
View attachment 220905
View attachment 220906
View attachment 220907
View attachment 220908
I thought about this one a lot. So much knife for the money and I love that handle.

The.9Nine Gyuto

235x56mm
229g
Aogami #2 core, soft iron clad
Bog oak handle

This is just about my perfect knife. WH vibes but very maneuverable. Rob’s work is at the top of my list, rightfully so. Can’t wait to use it more.

View attachment 221761View attachment 221763View attachment 221762View attachment 221764View attachment 221765
He will be my next knife. Haven’t been able to stop thinking about his knives lately. Had one that just felt a bit too short for me, so I traded it… but I miss it all the time. Your particular example looks pretty much perfect for everyday use.

He will be my next knife. Haven’t been able to stop thinking about his knives lately. Had one that just felt a bit too short for me, so I traded it… but I miss it all the time. Your particular example looks pretty much perfect for everyday use.
agreed, the dimensions on that one in particular are 👌

Yoshis are great! I’d take one over just about anything, regardless of price.
I've heard so many people say this that I knew I had to give one a go. Sadly UPS delivered after dinner was prepped and eaten, so it'll have to wait till another day to be used.

Please dice a garlic with it.
Will try!!!! Truthfully speaking i have no idea what this knife is used for. But it's a novelty buy just because....

surprisingly this knife's FnF is superb, On par with my tetsujin kasumi and at similar price.

Picked up a Yoshikane in SKD to add to my small collection as I try to figure out what I like/don’t like. Looking forward to putting it through its paces.

View attachment 221934
What's the handle made of? Beautiful.

Great knife. I think you'd either love or hate the profile, depending on your cutting style. Everything else is just great.

Back