Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the handle made of? Beautiful.

Great knife. I think you'd either love or hate the profile, depending on your cutting style. Everything else is just great.
It's a Knives and Stones teak handle. They have a deal on them now for $350 with a teak saya.

Actually, I ordered mine last year after seeing the one pictured on Jon's website now (the ferrule on mine being the only difference).

Gesshin_Ino_270_02.jpg

Gesshin_Ino_270_03.jpg

(I just created a Photobucket account, as I can't figure out Picasa/Google+!)
Beautiful, they are so difficult to take photos of!

Isasmedjan 200 x 97 mm honyaki cleaver in oil quenched 26c3 with ironwood handle and brass bolster - picked up from Piercingknives.

Beautiful simple aestethic and wild hamon. Fit & finish is outstanding. Grind looks really nice but knife needs sharpening before being able to assess performance.

View attachment 221823
View attachment 221824
Thought about grabbing that one! So nice. Let me know how you like it!

NCD (new cut day)

We all know that one has a special relationship with a knife once one gets cut by it. Well, the new Moritaka petty has managed that faster than any knife I ever got. It broke two records:
1. First knife for me to cut myself at the first thing I make with it
2. First time I cut into two fingers at once

Impressive. One tends to underestimate Moritakas, and Pettys also. This one has overcompensated quite a bit today.

4H2A0806.jpg

(Moritaka Blue #2 150mm Petty from cc.eu. This time, I took the KU off before I even started)

can you describe how the handle actually feels in hand - these look super cool but i wonder how comfortable they are in use?
The best thing I can say about this design is that when you are using the knife you don't think about the unique handle design. @KAMON Knives did that good of a job making it ergonomic and comfortable. Overall the knife is wonderfully balanced. It's truly impressive the amount of craftsmanship that went into this knife. I'm also a big fan of the blade profile and geometry, it's really fun to use.

This one’s got junk in the trunk. Not entirely sure the profile is right for me, but it is a lot of fun to have and I appreciate the funky shape. Also enjoy supporting a young independent maker

Metalwork by Meola 200mm Olivewood Chef, 1084 monosteel

Actual measurements are about 198mm x 64mm at the heel
0D6EF71D-5BB5-421E-AB54-8E443911B74F.jpeg
9C2B826B-1A3F-4D3F-81A9-EEF23D86A04A.jpeg

Attachments

• D84FEE40-49CA-4BC9-8C49-CF48ED9FDA94.jpeg
    D84FEE40-49CA-4BC9-8C49-CF48ED9FDA94.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Got this beauty in from Travis @Lucidknives

Highly recommend placing an order with him. Another fantastic do it all type knife maker.

Originally we were speccing this out to be an aogami super honyaki, was always a dream of mine but we ran into a little hiccup. Travis more than made up for it, and I ended up with this beautiful monosteel aogami super K tip gyuto. Grind looks great looking at the choil. Going on a little vacation tomorrow so will need to wait before I put it through its paces, but I'm sure it will perform.

Not often you see monosteel AS so it's definitely a treat. His woodwork is also top notch, ordered some extra handles to go along with it, a d shape and a yo.

lucid1.jpg

lucid2.jpg

Back