Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was a bit delayed, guess he was sick most of the winter and just got back at it a few weeks ago
Yeah, I spoke with him when he was recovering. Glad to see he's back at it and doing better. It was the multiple rounds of honesuki orders that I believe we're coming in advance of the two rounds of custom orders that I was referencing. Either way, I'm happy to take my time to get the apex ultra integral gyuto that I've been dreaming of. Also, there's obviously a ton more to appreciate in his work, but the kid in me just thinks the runes are ***** rad.

Kamon high chef

FA6179A5-CD75-4857-A755-D86544CB0DB7.jpeg
4149BD12-088A-4CC5-9719-6501AA4125E1.jpeg

E054FAF2-2ED9-4190-A340-CB8C805635D0.jpeg

Not a premium knife by any means but it looks nice and it was on sale. Hatsukokoro Sunaarashi VG10 210mm k tip gyoto. With the remains of our first delicious but ugly attempt at homemade sushi.
Yes, we obsess over some crazy knives around these parts, but the reality is these are all premium knives, imo.

The important question... did you enjoy using it? Seeing those in person, they are a heck of a lot thinner than I expected.

Yes, we obsess over some crazy knives around these parts, but the reality is these are all premium knives, imo.

The important question... did you enjoy using it? Seeing those in person, they are a heck of a lot thinner than I expected.
Yes, I did enjoy it. I have a couple of Tojiro VG10 knives (sujihiki and nakiri) and this seemed like a prettied up version of them with a japanese handle. Which isn't a bad thing. And with the sale I paid about the same for this one as a similar Tojiro, so I'm happy with it. And for my home cooking use it's definitely plenty for me. Definitely the prettiest thing I own even though I still love my Zwilling Pros.

Back